HK Bridge fails with 10.15.5?

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:52 pm
justlen offline

HK Bridge is failing once I updated to 10.15.5

I tried deleting my HK device, disabled the plugin, deleting all of the Prefs and starting again from scratch. I enable the plugin, then when I attempt to add devices I receive errors:

Code: Select all
Jun 30, 2020 at 1:44:14 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Device line 3595: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'device' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'devicefiltered':

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Action line 3654: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'action' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'actionfiltered':

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:44:47 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Device line 3595: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'device' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'devicefiltered':

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Action line 3654: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'action' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'actionfiltered':

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:45:07 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in homekit.getStashRecordForObject line 896: ('key includedDevices not found in dict', u'Server Id: 81579367', u'Server data: com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge : (dict)')
                      CODE: includedDevices = json.loads(serverProps["includedDevices"])

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:45:29 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Warning          Apple Music is defaulting to a HomeKit switch because the device type cannot be determined but does not support On/Off and likely won't do anything in HomeKit
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in homekit.getStashRecordForObject line 896: ('key includedDevices not found in dict', u'Server Id: 81579367', u'Server data: com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge : (dict)')
                      CODE: includedDevices = json.loads(serverProps["includedDevices"])

HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'HK Bridge' has changed ports or users, validating config

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:24 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: HK Bridge fails with 10.15.5?

For what it's worth, it's not a general 10.15.5 problem. My Indigo system is running 10.15.5 and HKB is working fine.

If it was me, I'd also delete the plugin totally, restart the entire system, then re-install it again.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:59 pm
papamac offline

I'm running 10.15.5 also and my HKB is working fine with my existing accessory server. If I try to define a new accessory server, however, I get the two errors at lines 3595 and 3654. This may be a clue.

Posted on
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:01 pm
justlen offline

Once it's up and running it works fine. If I do an update or reboot I have the same problems. I usually just delete the device and plug-in and set it up again.

Posted on
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 pm
durosity offline

I’m getting the same behaviour intermittently. Outta interest does anyone else using it also use it with SecuritySpy cameras? I’ve had less problems with it when SS is disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

durosity wrote:
I’m getting the same behaviour intermittently. Outta interest does anyone else using it also use it with SecuritySpy cameras? I’ve had less problems with it when SS is disabled.

I am, but I have the SS devices on a separate HKB server.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:04 pm
durosity offline

See I have each room setup as a HK server and it suddenly dawned on me earlier the ones I’m having problems with seem to have SS cameras on them. But I’ll have to wait for next time it causes problems to confirm that. I’m sllloooowwwwlllyyy moving over to unifi protect cameras so if it is that I may need to accelerate my plans.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:13 am
siclark offline

How about just setup a single server for all your cameras? Then if there are problems it doesnt impact the rest of your setup?

Posted on
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:52 am
durosity offline

siclark wrote:
How about just setup a single server for all your cameras? Then if there are problems it doesnt impact the rest of your setup?

The problem is it seems to take down the plugin as a whole after a while. But that was one thing I thought of that may work. That said I’m still going to be moving away from the SS option anyway as I’ve never had much luck with the HKB integration.. unless the stream has a resolution of 480x640 it always fails. I know C4W was aware of something that might be causing it but then he got busy and wasn’t able to do anything with it. Hope he’s doing ok.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:54 am
siclark offline

That's strange. My SS HKB server was not showing cameras for last few days but rest has been fine. I restarted the SS plugin and it's back.
I have 4 cameras streaming to HKB at >HD and is ok.

Probably not much help to you, one of those annoying mine works, but can't help fix yours posts

Posted on
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:47 am
durosity offline

Heheh.

Well I’ve went to great effort and rebuilt the whole setup (without cameras), and still having the same issue.. so pretty sure it’s something that’s changed with the latest macOS. Darnit.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:08 am
durosity offline

Just FYI to anyone else getting this issue I've fixed it on my system by re-downloading the plugin and re-runing the sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine *path to plugins folder* command.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:50 pm
papamac offline

durosity wrote:
Just FYI to anyone else getting this issue I've fixed it on my system by re-downloading the plugin and re-runing the sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine *path to plugins folder* command.

Thanks for finding a solution. Help me understand. By "path to plugins folder" do you mean something like "Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins"?

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:54 pm
lwhitten offline

should be:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.4/Plugins

Page 1 of 1