Getting Started

Posted on
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:09 pm
perryclarke offline

Getting Started

I'm liking the Neo Smart Blinds integration and thought I'd share a couple of tips that I would have found useful when getting started.

The info you need to register your hub with Indigo are the IP address and controller ID both of which can be found by opening Smart Controllers in the hamburger menu of the Neo Smart Blinds app on your mobile device. Note that the controller ID is the 24 digit number on the second line of the screen (not the shorter alpha-numeric value above it). On iOS there's a little button to copy the value to the clipboard. If you get the controller ID wrong, you'll see 401 responses from the hub in the debug log.

If you're making triggers that specify things like If daylight make sure Indigo has your location correctly set in the Preferences (that's an hour I won't get back :D )

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:21 pm
howartp offline

Re: Getting Started

Thanks Perry - and sorry I missed this post before!

Peter

Posted on
Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:34 pm
gadgetnut offline

Greetings, all. I installed one Neo Blind controlled motorized skylight shade and it's been working well with Amazon Alexa but I would prefer to control with Indigo. I installed this plugin then created a new Device Type>Neo Smart Blinds>Neo Smart Controller. I entered the IP address and copied/ pasted the Controller ID number from the Neo SmartBlinds iOS app. Then I created a new Device Type>Neo Smart Blinds>Neo Blind. I entered alternately the Blind Code and the Room Code, paying attention to the required hyphen between the second and third set of digits syntax. In both cases a new Device is created in the Indigo Devices list but the Device has no on/off controls and I'm unable to control the blind. Any suggestions for me? Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:56 am
howartp offline

Hi Gadget

The blinds are controlled by Actions so you can combine them with schedules or triggers.

Go to Actions > NeoSmart Blinds > Etc

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:51 am
gadgetnut offline

Hi, Peter. I set up Action triggers as suggested and Neosmart shade control via Indigo is working perfectly! So pleased with this integration and grateful for your help. Thank you!

Best from Gadgetnut

Page 1 of 1