Alexa not discovering devices new install

Posted on
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:52 pm
philipbasile offline

Alexa not discovering devices new install

This is my third indigo server install for friends. I've never had this problem with alexa before.
I installed the plugin and configued it.
added the alexa device
I published one indigo device and started discovery... and nothing. I felt like han solo going to light speed...

Nothing even appeared in the event log.
What could I be missing ?

Also, When adding a new alexa hue bridge device what is the difference between Amazon Echo Device and Emulated Hue Bridge (alexa devices) ?

Thanks
Philip

Posted on
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:53 am
autolog offline

Re: Alexa not discovering devices new install

Apologies for the delayed reply. :|

philipbasile wrote:
... added the alexa device. I published one indigo device and started discovery... and nothing.
Nothing even appeared in the event log. What could I be missing ?
Also, When adding a new alexa hue bridge device what is the difference between Amazon Echo Device and Emulated Hue Bridge (alexa devices) ?

Have you checked out this post: Current state of this plugin (as of October 2019)
It describes in some detail the requirements for specific generation of Amazon Echo devices. This may give some clue as to why it isn't working and things you can try.

An Emulated Hue Bridge is the device that you setup in Indigo to communicate with real physical Amazon Echos scattered round the home. An Indigo Amazon Echo device is defined for each real Amazon Echo you have. However you don't have to do this and in retrospect it is probably simpler not to. The important thing is to make sure that the Plugin Config field Non-Echo Filter is not checked / ticked. There is quite good help text associated with the filed in the plugin Config dialogue.

Hope this helps but if not post back to this thread. :)

Posted on
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:09 pm
philipbasile offline

autolog,

can you help me trouble shoot this. I ordered a gen 1 Alexa on eBay and I still can't discover. I must be missing something.

the Alexa has version 597462620
I have the indigo server ip set in the configuration for the plugin.

when I tell Alexa to discover new devices I see no log entries whatsoever.

what steps can I take to troubleshoot ?

Thanks

Philip

Posted on
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:23 pm
philipbasile offline

Also,
I running indigo 7.4 and the mac is running catalina 10.15.5

Philip

Posted on
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 am
autolog offline

Have you done the steps as noted in my previous post: see - Current state of this plugin (as of October 2019)

Also, double check you have nothing else interfering on port 1900: Alexa-Hue Bridge Debug Logs + Port 1900 Check

FYI: My generation 1 Echos are running firmware 653619520 and Alexa is responding to Indigo OK. I am running the latest Indigo and I am on macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Posted on
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:03 am
philipbasile offline

Autolog

I added the echo as an Alexa device with its up and the the discovery worked right away.
I guess something was interfering on the port.

Thanks for your support. Awesome!!

Page 1 of 1