Glowmarkt access to live smart meter data (UK)

Posted on
Fri May 22, 2020 4:43 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Re: Glowmarkt access to live smart meter data (UK)

neilk wrote:
Doh - stupid naming on my part, got it working now and collecting the queued messages with the payload.

So if my interpretation is correct then I can simply consume these queued messages periodically and do what I need to the JSON. Looks like I need to get my head into the zigbee spec document now, Thanks for the help !

No problem, glad you got it working! You can actually place the execute action inside of a while loop to continually get messages as they are published.

Posted on
Fri May 22, 2020 4:48 pm
neilk offline

Off to bed now then I think, got my task sorted for the weekend, but this is a good basis and approach for a plugin.

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 6:17 am
neilk offline

So a plugin is now almost complete (need to add the UI for the Rate device selection from the Octopus plugin) but it is functioning. The excellent MQTT plugin does all of the heavy lifting, and this merely decodes the raw Smart Energy Protocol Zigbee data that is wrapped in JSON and sent via MQTT. At the moment it pulls the current instantaneous electricity load in W, monthly, weekly, daily usage for gas and electricity, gas and electricity meter reads and the supplier. The final thing I have just added is to pull in the current 30 minute rate from the Octopus plugin and calculate the hourly cost in pence per hour based on the current rate. Just as I did that the agile rate dropped to zero, so the "agile_cost_hour" is actually 0,even though I am pulling about 2kW now with the washing machine on., and it goes negative for much of the afternoon.

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 13.00.45.png
Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 13.00.45.png (150.84 KiB) Viewed 1840 times

Unfortunately even though my switch happened yesterday, it takes two weeks to move onto Agile Tariff (they need to prove connectivity to your smart Meter)

I will get this polished and pushed out for anyone that is interested in getting the Hidebrand IHD/CAD for Smets 2, and I would be happy to work with someone who has a Smets 1 Meter and a Glowstick as the MQTT payload may be different.

Next is to enrich this with the API to see what else this may add and to investigate the API capability for the Octopus plugin now I have switched.

Plugin forum and GitHub link to follow.

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 6:39 am
neilk offline

I couldn't resist, it just went to negative pricing.....

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 13.32.37.png
Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 13.32.37.png (183.6 KiB) Viewed 1836 times

Still got some validation and testing to do, but this is coming together now.

Posted on
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:25 am
Turribeach offline

What's the latest on this plugin? I got the IHD/CAD linked in this thread installed for free by my energy supplier (Igloo) as part of my smart meters installation (just before they gone busted! :mrgreen: ). So I am keen to get access to my energy data.

Posted on
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:54 am
neilk offline

It is in the plugin store, it is fairly niche so not too much traffic but no reported issues, and let me know if you need any help or find any issues.

The thread for the release version is https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=24125