HassBridge plugin

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 1:04 pm
Gangotti offline

Re: HassBridge plugin

I am seeing all of my zwave devices in MQTT, however, my multi-sensors are only showing the status of the motion and tamper but none fo the temperature, humidity, luminance, and UV values. I am assuming that this is because the plugin only pulls the values with on/off characteristics and not the "analog" values?

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 2:41 pm
WonderSlug offline

Gangotti wrote:
I am seeing all of my zwave devices in MQTT, however, my multi-sensors are only showing the status of the motion and tamper but none fo the temperature, humidity, luminance, and UV values. I am assuming that this is because the plugin only pulls the values with on/off characteristics and not the "analog" values?

No there is a bug on the mqtt registration. Ill look at it. should be quick fix.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 4:04 pm
Gangotti offline

I also want to point out the problem I was having was with the z wave lock and its battery status, when I unclicked the create battery sensors, the problem went away.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm
WonderSlug offline

Gangotti wrote:

v1.1.1 Has the fix for the sensors

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 4:43 pm
WonderSlug offline

Gangotti wrote:
I also want to point out the problem I was having was with the z wave lock and its battery status, when I unclicked the create battery sensors, the problem went away.

Ok ill keep that in mind. Ill be trying to get to my lock soon.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 5:05 pm
Gangotti offline

sensors are working great, let me know if you need a tester for the locks!

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 8:14 pm
dproctor offline

WonderSlug,
When I use HA to turn on or off any of my lights (dimmers) the command is sent twice in indigo. Any idea why that would be? Not a big deal, just curious as to why. This doesn't happen when controlling any of my relay switches.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 8:56 pm
WonderSlug offline

dproctor wrote:
WonderSlug,
When I use HA to turn on or off any of my lights (dimmers) the command is sent twice in indigo. Any idea why that would be? Not a big deal, just curious as to why. This doesn't happen when controlling any of my relay switches.

Huh... yeah I had never noticed it. Found the bug. simple to fix. Will be in the next release. Thanks for letting me know.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 pm
WonderSlug offline

Gangotti wrote:
sensors are working great, let me know if you need a tester for the locks!

Locks support is in v1.2.0. Should fix the battery issue as well.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 pm
WonderSlug offline

dproctor wrote:
WonderSlug,

Fix is in v1.2.0. Thanks

Posted on
Fri May 15, 2020 8:37 am
dproctor offline

WonderSlug wrote:
dproctor wrote:
WonderSlug,

Fix is in v1.2.0. Thanks

Yep, that fixed it, Thanks.

I have now noticed another small issue. It seems that with regard to the Virtual Devices, HA only sees the first one as a Device and then all the others become related entities to that first Device instead of Devices of their own. I am still able to control them even as entities, I just can't put those that are just entities into areas of HA.

Posted on
Fri May 15, 2020 10:15 am
WonderSlug offline

dproctor wrote:
I have now noticed another small issue. It seems that with regard to the Virtual Devices, HA only sees the first one as a Device and then all the others become related entities to that first Device instead of Devices of their own. I am still able to control them even as entities, I just can't put those that are just entities into areas of HA.

Ok thanks.. Being tracked here: https://github.com/wonderslug/hassbridge/issues/7

Posted on
Sun May 17, 2020 3:54 pm
WonderSlug offline

WonderSlug wrote:
dproctor wrote:

Ok thanks.. Being tracked here: https://github.com/wonderslug/hassbridge/issues/7

Fixed in v1.2.1

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2020 1:31 pm
dproctor offline

WonderSlug wrote:
WonderSlug wrote:
dproctor wrote:

Fixed in v1.2.1

It appears to still be exhibiting the same behavior. Of the 3 Virtual devices (all Device Groups) that I have, only the first one (alphabetically) becomes a device in HA and the other 2 only become related entities to the first one instead of devices of their own. My knowledge is quite limited so sorry I'm not much help troubleshooting. However, I have noticed that now, the one virtual device I have that in Indigo is made up of a dimmer and a switch shows up as a binary sensor vice a switch in HA. If I change the virtual device so it only has one type, ie. only dimmers or only switches, they show up correctly as a switch in HA.

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2020 1:35 pm
WonderSlug offline

dproctor wrote:
It appears to still be exhibiting the same behavior. Of the 3 Virtual devices (all Device Groups) that I have, only the first one (alphabetically) becomes a device in HA and the other 2 only become related entities to the first one instead of devices of their own. My knowledge is quite limited so sorry I'm not much help troubleshooting. However, I have noticed that now, the one virtual device I have that in Indigo is made up of a dimmer and a switch shows up as a binary sensor vice a switch in HA. If I change the virtual device so it only has one type, ie. only dimmers or only switches, they show up correctly as a switch in HA.

I think you have to delete the device in the HA integration screen and then reload the HassBridge plugin in Indigo. This should create the devices in HA and reattach the entities to those devices. The entities are already associated with a device and it wont change them without deleting the device.