Alexa devices no longer responding

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:04 pm
Fxguy offline

Alexa devices no longer responding

So I purchased a first gen Echo dot and had everything back up and running. Yesterday I upgraded to Catalina and now Alexa keeps saying devices aren’t responding. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:19 am
autolog offline

Re: Alexa devices no longer responding

Fxguy wrote:
So I purchased a first gen Echo dot and had everything back up and running. Yesterday I upgraded to Catalina and now Alexa keeps saying devices aren’t responding. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Have a look at this post: Current state of this plugin (as of October 2019)

In particular take note of item 1 which says:
  1. In the plugin settings, select Override Host IP Address and enter the IP address of the Indigo Server Mac. The plugin can normally figure it out, but apparently in Catalina the IP address discovery the plugin uses doesn't work properly. Using this setting bypasses the automatic IP discovery and uses the IP address specified.

Hopefully that will help. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 am
Fxguy offline

I overrode the IP address but still not working.... :( Do I have to delete all the devices, unplug all the gen 2 echos and basically start over from scratch? Is there a way to republish the devices ?

Edit -- Nevermind. Reloading the plugin on the server straightened everything out! I have a tendency to overcomplicate things! LOL

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:49 am
autolog offline

Glad it's working for you again. :)

Posted on
Sat May 02, 2020 6:49 pm
Fxguy offline

Ok, upgraded my router and now my Alexa Hue Bridge isnt working again. I updated the IP address and reloaded the plugin and still nothing.....

Posted on
Sun May 03, 2020 10:54 am
autolog offline

Fxguy wrote:
Ok, upgraded my router and now my Alexa Hue Bridge isnt working again. I updated the IP address and reloaded the plugin and still nothing.....

Not much to go on there. :wink:

What was your router model and what do you have now? :)

As a first step, I suggest rebooting your Apple Mac running Indigo to see if that fixes it (if you haven't already done so).

Also double check the Host IP Address that you entered (I assume) into the plugin config. Make sure it is actually the ip address of your Indigo Apple mac. It is normally recommended to have your Indigo Apple Mac on a fixed IP (just checking in case you haven't done this).

Turn off non-Echo filter in the plugin config if you have it set.

Make sure that nothing else is using the ports assigned to your Alexa Hue Bridge devices (as shown in the devices list under address).
See this post on how to do this: Alexa-Hue Bridge Debug Logs + Port 1900 Check

Posted on
Mon May 04, 2020 12:02 pm
Fxguy offline

Not sure what the problem was, but stopping and restarting the server fixed it...

Posted on
Mon May 04, 2020 1:58 pm
autolog offline

Fxguy wrote:
Not sure what the problem was, but stopping and restarting the server fixed it...

Good to know you got it working. :D

Page 1 of 1