Introducing ShellyMQTT!

Posted on
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:17 pm
tazswe offline

Re: Introducing ShellyMQTT!

Thanks Aaron for a good plugin.
Tested it today with a Shelly1 and are now planning to buy more Shelly devices in the future

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:14 am
aaronlionsheep offline

tazswe wrote:
Thanks Aaron for a good plugin.
Tested it today with a Shelly1 and are now planning to buy more Shelly devices in the future

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

I'm glad you like it! Let me know if there are any Shelly models that you would like to see get supported. I'm not working on any models at the moment, just some device management features.

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted on
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 am
CliveS offline

aaronlionsheep wrote:
I'm glad you like it! Let me know if there are any Shelly models that you would like to see get supported. I'm not working on any models at the moment, just some device management features.

I am waiting for the Shelly4 Pro to become available on April 1st to start to replace my failing Aviosys 4 port IP Switches, it is more expensive than 2 x Shelly 2.5's but ideal for mounting on the Din rail in the Fuse Box so another one for consideration

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:00 am
aaronlionsheep offline

CliveS wrote:
aaronlionsheep wrote:

I am waiting for the Shelly4 Pro to become available on April 1st to start to replace my failing Aviosys 4 port IP Switches, it is more expensive than 2 x Shelly 2.5's but ideal for mounting on the Din rail in the Fuse Box so another one for consideration

Thanks for the heads up, I will prioritize the Shelly 4Pro. Internally it is very similar to the 1PM/2.5, so I expect no issues getting this supported. I expect that this device will also be split like the Shelly 2.5, so 4 separate Indigo devices will be used to represent the Shelly 4Pro.

Posted on
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:06 pm
CliveS offline

I love the Shelly devices I have, the Shelly 1, Shelly 1PM and Shelly Dimmers but have had mixed success with the Shelly Door/Window Sensor so I was interested in a thread on the Shelly Facebook page today.

A user was having the same problem as myself of Open and Close not triggering to the point that I had decided it was not reliable to use.

Another user suggested turning the magnet through 90 degrees and to his amazment it worked for him, I tried it and also it worked for me as well.

His instructions were:

First, open the magnet plastic box prudently :
92576091_10157631359803451_1789169859527966720_o.jpg
92576091_10157631359803451_1789169859527966720_o.jpg (17.75 KiB) Viewed 8800 times

Second; strip the foam adhesive, turn the magnet on its main axis, then replace it and past the adhesive foam on its new top. You can see that it can be replaced "correctly" and the small 2 hooks now don't fix it very well. But, as the foam will push it in place until the cover placed, it's not a problem.
92531839_10157631368028451_8305025922080178176_o.jpg
92531839_10157631368028451_8305025922080178176_o.jpg (19.26 KiB) Viewed 8800 times

The magnet seems to be higher than previously due to this rotation. Now, the magnetic field beam is just in the correct direction to activate the REED relay .

No more false Close/Open state.

I really think that MQTT is going to be the way forward, local control and a large base of devices.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:59 am
yassi offline

Can someone please clarify what's the difference between Aaron's plugin and Kalrl's "shelly" plugin?
As far as I can see this one needs MQTT, Karl's doesn't.

The Shelly RGBW controller doesn't seems to be supported by none of the plugins, am I right?
https://shelly.cloud/wifi-smart-shelly-rgbw-2/

Thanks,
Yassi

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:06 am
aaronlionsheep offline

yassi wrote:
Can someone please clarify what's the difference between Aaron's plugin and Kalrl's "shelly" plugin?

The Shelly RGBW controller seems to be only supported in Karl's plugin, I am right?

Thanks,
Yassi

Hi Yassi,

Yes, the main difference between my plugin and Karl's is that mine uses MQTT and Karl's uses HTTP. This means that Karl's requires that all Shelly devices be on the same network (probably with static IP addresses) as your Indigo server, but using MQTT would allow for "remote" devices on a cloud broker. Karl also has "auto-creation" where his plugin will scan your network for devices and add them automatically.

As for the Shelly RGBW controller, I don't currently have support for this device. I am getting started with adding the Shelly 4Pro, and I can work on supporting the Shelly RGBW if it is requested.

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:15 am
yassi offline

aaronlionsheep wrote:
yassi wrote:

The Shelly RGBW controller seems to be only supported in Karl's plugin, I am right?

Thanks,
Yassi

Hi Yassi,

Yes, the main difference between my plugin and Karl's is that mine uses MQTT and Karl's uses HTTP. This means that Karl's requires that all Shelly devices be on the same network (probably with static IP addresses) as your Indigo server, but using MQTT would allow for "remote" devices on a cloud broker. Karl also has "auto-creation" where his plugin will scan your network for devices and add them automatically.

As for the Shelly RGBW controller, I don't currently have support for this device. I am getting started with adding the Shelly 4Pro, and I can work on supporting the Shelly RGBW if it is requested.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi Aaron,

thanks for clarifying this so quickly!
And for sure, thanks for the plugin!

Ok, I see. My first need would be the RGBW controller, cheaper as the Fibaro one, but I have to check their product list to see if something else is needed too. :lol:

Stay safe!

Yassi

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am
aaronlionsheep offline

yassi wrote:
Hi Aaron,

Ok, I see. My first need would be the RGBW controller, cheaper as the Fibaro one, but I have to check their product list to see if something else is needed too. :lol:

Stay safe!

Yassi

I will definitely work on adding the RGBW to my list. The soonest I could get this added is probably the end of next week.

Also just as a heads up, I don't have some of the devices that are "supported" by the plugin. I have implemented them based off of the supplied API from Shelly. I have done this for the EM, 3EM, Dimmer, Door/Window, Flood, Bulb, Bulb Vintage, Plug, and PlugS. However, some of these devices (EM, Dimmer, and Door/Window) have been confirmed to work by other users. The other devices I am confident work due to the way I architected the plugin. I am confident that the Plug and PlugS work because they are built on top of the Shelly 1PM in my plugin (and I know the 1PM works). The same goes for the Bulb and Bulb Vintage.

I just wanted to let you know that initial support for the Shelly RGBW might not be perfect, but my success rate for supporting devices is 100% so far. Aside from the Shelly 4Pro and Shelly RGBW controller, I think I have most of the Shelly devices supported in the plugin. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:41 am
yassi offline

aaronlionsheep wrote:
yassi wrote:
Hi Aaron,

Stay safe!

Yassi

I will definitely work on adding the RGBW to my list. The soonest I could get this added is probably the end of next week.

Also just as a heads up, I don't have some of the devices that are "supported" by the plugin. I have implemented them based off of the supplied API from Shelly. I have done this for the EM, 3EM, Dimmer, Door/Window, Flood, Bulb, Bulb Vintage, Plug, and PlugS. However, some of these devices (EM, Dimmer, and Door/Window) have been confirmed to work by other users. The other devices I am confident work due to the way I architected the plugin. I am confident that the Plug and PlugS work because they are built on top of the Shelly 1PM in my plugin (and I know the 1PM works). The same goes for the Bulb and Bulb Vintage.

I just wanted to let you know that initial support for the Shelly RGBW might not be perfect, but my success rate for supporting devices is 100% so far. Aside from the Shelly 4Pro and Shelly RGBW controller, I think I have most of the Shelly devices supported in the plugin. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Aaron

Sounds great!

Then I will start to buy some of them, first the RGBW controller... :roll:

Thanks a lot!

Yassi

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:05 am
kw123 offline

I believe i have that one rgbw2 dimmer physically working and supported.

... A little completion is great. For the users and the developers. ...

And Arons description is right on.
Although mine will automatically adapt to changed ip numbers for anything that has a switch function. Not the light bulbs as they do not have an “action url” and they do not communicate on their own. They are pure “slave” devices The others send out something when they become online or change status

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:43 am
yassi offline

kw123 wrote:
I believe i have that one rgbw2 dimmer physically working and supported.

... A little completion is great. For the users and the developers. ...

And Arons description is right on.
Although mine will automatically adapt to changed ip numbers for anything that has a switch function. Not the light bulbs as they do not have an “action url” and they do not communicate on their own. They are pure “slave” devices The others send out something when they become online or change status

Karl

Ok, thanks Karl!

So, do we need to put the shelly devices on static IP’s as supposed by Aaron?

Yassi

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:44 pm
kw123 offline

Introducing ShellyMQTT!

No, not needed but, I have all installed devices with fixed ip in my house. Helps to Id devices. Have dhcp starting at 192.168.1.150. Below are fixed ip numbers: Indigo, router, cameras, switches, rpi, printer, Sonos and Shelly and iPhone, laptops. Have 80+ devices

Only devices that are guests etc get an Ip assigned by dhcp.

Karl.

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 pm
yassi offline

kw123 wrote:
No, not needed but, I have all installed devices with fixed ip in my house. Helps to Id devices. Have dhcp starting at 192.168.1.150. Below are fixed ip numbers: Indigo, router, cameras, switches, rpi, printer, Sonos and Shelly and iPhone, laptops. Have 80+ devices

Only devices that are guests etc get an Ip assigned by dhcp.

Karl.

Ok, thanks, Karl!

Yassi

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu May 21, 2020 7:18 am
shapa offline

Shelly 1PM works fine

Shelly H&T - unable to create a device, seeing an error:

"Error (client) runDialogForDevice() caught exception: PAXDialogControllerError -- Field ID notice-1 was already used. Every <Field> element must have a unique field ID"