TRV Controller Discussion Thread

Posted on
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:02 pm
autolog offline

Re: TRV Controller Discussion Thread

siclark wrote:
Cheers... no rush at all. Just looking to see how I could use these. They seem to report temperature changes very fast and frequently, so interested on how the battery lasts.

OK - I have uploaded Version 1.4.2 as a pre-release on Github: TRV Controller - Add Support For Remote Thermostats With 'sensorValue' State

This version is pre-release and contains a few other bug fixes as well as (hopefully) support for the new Remote Thermostat. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:47 am
shapa offline

Testing a new version

Creating a device.

Validation could not be passed - requiring "off" time for setpoint devices :)
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 10.46.13.png
Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 10.46.13.png (193.69 KiB) Viewed 5253 times

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:53 am
autolog offline

shapa wrote:
Testing a new version

Creating a device.

Validation could not be passed - requiring "off" time for setpoint devices :)

Yes - I haven't finished coding the 'By Setpoint Only' option. Even though you can select it, the plugin will only process ON/OFF at the moment.

I should have made that clear when I uploaded this pre-release version which was mainly just to support the MQTT Shim devices. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:08 am
shapa offline

OK! :)

So the new error for TF21 :

" TRV Error StandardError detected in TRV Plugin [deviceStartComm of device 'Conservatory TRV']. Line '3092' has error='list index out of range'"

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:23 am
autolog offline

shapa wrote:
... So the new error for TF21 ....

What is a TF21 or should I know?

Can you do a device print and post the results here - thanks. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:27 am
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
shapa wrote:
... So the new error for TF21 ....

What is a TF21 or should I know?

Can you do a device print and post the results here - thanks. :)

Memory isn't what it used to be. :wink:

I see you have already posted info about the TF21 earlier in this long thread - I will take a look at the issue. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:47 am
autolog offline

Hi @shapa,

I can see what the issue is but need to think how to resolve it in the context of the new Pre-Release. :?

Can you roll-back to the previous release you were on? Also, what was the release you were on that worked OK?

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:45 am
shapa offline

Sure, will roll back

The latest one was 1.3.7 (with manually added TF21 and Generic v2 thermostats )

Thanks a lot for the support and development!

Posted on
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 pm
shapa offline

On more idea (pushed by my wife :)) )

Hardcoded "upper limit" is not always the best option.

For example, 28C for radiators - they are literally burning oxygen. Some rooms - not an issue, child room for example - then the air is very dry (~25%).

So, it would be nice to make the "max heat" setting as well. Sure, I can edit it in the .xml, but would be nice to be able to set per virtual TRV

Posted on
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:28 pm
siclark offline

autolog wrote:
siclark wrote:
Hi Jon. No pressure but just wondering if you saw this?

I missed it. :oops:

Good idea; the thought had crossed my mind. :)

What I would actually like is for Indigo to have a priority queuing mechanism for Z-Wave - The status requests could then go on the low priority queue,

I am not sure how easy it will be to implement it but I will see what I can do.

I have a few other things getting in the way at the moment, so it will be a little while before I can do anything on it. :)
Hi Jon. Wondered with lack of current social life due to enforced lock down whether this has resurfaced to the top of your mind?
Just thought I’d ask... hehe. Hope all well with you.

Posted on
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:30 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
... Hi Jon. Wondered with lack of current social life due to enforced lock down whether this has resurfaced to the top of your mind?
Just thought I’d ask... hehe. Hope all well with you.

I have been self-isolating for a couple of weeks due to my age and a few other things and am now "locked down" as is everybody else.

I made the mistake of suggesting Zoom Video Conferencing to a club I belong to and have spent the last two weeks talking members through how to connect (via landline) and running impromptu video sessions. Zoom seems to be an excellent and easy to use system. :)

It should quieten down before too long and I will see what I can do.

I have also been doing some Indigo usage work by reconfiguring existing and adding new motion sensors which has taken up a bit of time.

I am also experimenting with using Zigbee Aqara temperature monitors on the inlet pipe to the radiator to see if I can pick up whether the Spirit is mis-behaving.

@Shapa re: So, it would be nice to make the "max heat" setting as well - I will take a look at that as well. :)

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm
autolog offline

shapa wrote:
On more idea (pushed by my wife :)) )

Hardcoded "upper limit" is not always the best option.

For example, 28C for radiators - they are literally burning oxygen. Some rooms - not an issue, child room for example - then the air is very dry (~25%).

So, it would be nice to make the "max heat" setting as well. Sure, I can edit it in the .xml, but would be nice to be able to set per virtual TRV

I have loaded a new pre-release to Github: Add Support for limiting Heat Setpoint Maximum on TRV

This is done per TRV rather than globally. You will need to Edit Device Settings for the TRV you wish to apply this to and you can then enable the option to override the TRV Maximum Settable Temperature [FULLY ON] value by entering a value in field that is > 21 and less than the device maximum - hope that makes sense. These fields are in the TRV CONTROLLER DETAILS section

I have done limited testing on this so far. Interested to have feedback on the implementation i.e. is that what you wanted and if it works for you?

Also fixed a bug where previously you could use the Indigo UI to up the Heat Setpoint beyond the maximum or reduce it below the minimum - this is now prevented.

Simon: I will take a look at the offsetting of the status requests next. :)

Posted on
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:50 am
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
... Simon: I will take a look at the offsetting of the status requests next. :)

I have just completed the implementation of this feature and will test it over the next day or so before releasing it to Github as pre-release Version 1.5.0:

Here is sight of the new plugin config dialogue:
TRV_Controller_Configuration_Dialogue.png
TRV Controller Configuration Dialogue
TRV_Controller_Configuration_Dialogue.png (216.99 KiB) Viewed 5011 times

The Queue Delay can be specified as: No Delay, 10 Seconds, 15 Seconds, 20 Seconds, 30 Seconds, 40 Seconds, 50 Seconds or 60 Seconds.
The Queue Delay [Spirit Valve] can be specified as: As Queue Delay Value, 5 Seconds, 10 Seconds, 15 Seconds or 20 Seconds

The Queue Delay [Spirit Valve] is only taken account of if a delay is specified for Queue Delay i.e. it will be ignored if Queue Delay is specified as No Delay.

This should cover the majority of the situations but not a plugin startup / reload but then this shouldn't happen too often (hopefully). :)

Posted on
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:40 am
autolog offline

I have now posted Version 1.5.0 to Github as a pre-release: TRV Controller V 1.5.0 - Add User Specified Z-Wave Delay Between Status Requests

It actually does work on plugin start / reload. :)

All seems to work OK as far as my system is concerned.

If you have the delay set to 15 seconds and valve delay set to 5 seconds then to start each TRV will take 20 seconds. If you have 12 TRVs, it is going to take 12 x 20 seconds = ~ 4 minutes to complete and any new changes (e.g. turn on a TRV) will be queued up behind the initial start.

I will do a more general announcement once I am happy it appears to be working OK. :)

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:52 am
shapa offline

Works mostly fine :) WAF is nearly 100% :)

Some "old" issue

" TRV Error StandardError detected in TRV Plugin [zwaveCommandReceived]. Line '524' has error=''zwaveWakeupIntervalRemote''
TRV Error StandardError detected in TRV Plugin [deviceUpdated] for device 'Conservatory Temperature 2']. Line '1145' has error=''remoteTempOffset''
Z-Wave received "Conservatory Humidity 2" sensor update to 24%
TRV Error StandardError detected in TRV Plugin [zwaveCommandReceived]. Line '524' has error=''zwaveWakeupIntervalRemote''
Z-Wave received "Conservatory Luminance 2" sensor update to 107 lux
TRV Error StandardError detected in TRV Plugin [zwaveCommandReceived]. Line '524' has error=''zwaveWakeupIntervalRemote''
Z-Wave received "Conservatory Ultraviolet" sensor update to 0
TRV Error StandardError detected in TRV Plugin [zwaveCommandReceived]. Line '524' has error=''zwaveWakeupIntervalRemote''"

Looks like related to the external temp sensor used as a temp reading source