Home theater AV control?

Posted on
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:00 am
hamw offline

Home theater AV control?

If you are using a stand-alone AV home theater control, could you please post here regarding your experiences? I’picked up a Harmony Elite Remote for my family room several months ago and am pretty satisfied with it, but would like better visual graphics and the possibility of incorporating one of my old iPads, perhaps with Roomie or another implementation.

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:23 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Home theater AV control?

I've got a Harmony Hub, and I find it pretty clunky to program using the harmony software--some of which still doesn't work on Catalina.

Once I get it functioning, It's easy to create whatever interface I want with an Indigo control page, because there's a harmony plugin for indigo.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:17 am
peszko offline

I had harmony hub, but gave up on it. Always had problems with it, and the support for Mac software was. poor. In the end I streamlined my media experience to apple TV and the apple remote.

Since my apple tv and all remote speakers are on a separate network, I haven't integrated them with Indigo.

Anybody setup itunes and or apple tv control over separate subnet?

Posted on
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:42 pm
mundmc offline

In the past I used both the itach with the Cynical Caché plugin, which did everything I needed (albeit with well designed Control Pages and Alexa commands).

I was planning to go back to the Harmony line when my theater is done- so the negative reviews are concerning.

In a pinch, the Broadlink IP to IR devices are cheap, Indigo-friendly, and flexible.

Posted on
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:49 pm
Londonmark offline

I find Harmony pretty good...

Posted on
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:48 am
hamw offline

Went with the hub. Not perfect but pretty good. Any idea If page orders can be changed in the app?

Posted on
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:33 am
DaveL17 offline

hamw wrote:
Any idea If page orders can be changed in the app?

I'd be interested in this too. I don't think it's possible; if someone knows different, please let us know.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1