Salus Smart Plug SP600

Posted on
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:59 am
autolog offline

Re: Salus Smart Plug SP600

Take a look at this page: OTA updates

I am not seeing the update_available at the moment.

Looks like you have to publish a message to zigbee2mqtt to perform the update. :)

Posted on
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:02 pm
CliveS offline

autolog wrote:

Looks like you have to publish a message to zigbee2mqtt to perform the update. :)

Yes, I looked and decided that an older working firmware was better than a bricked one as they are still working it out and basically I will wait for someone to bring out an idiot proof way of updating.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

autolog wrote:
I think it is because that function isn't available in the MQTT Shim plugin. It effectively tells Indigo to zero the Total Usage. It isn't a zigbee2mqtt problem AFAICS. I expect it will be added in due course once it is reported to Joe.

Actually that command is supposed to tell the device to reset it’s counter. I haven’t implemented it in the shim because I have no idea what it’s supposed to look like. Does the documentation for the Salus plug show how to do that via MQTT?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:22 am
CliveS offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
autolog wrote:
I think it is because that function isn't available in the MQTT Shim plugin. It effectively tells Indigo to zero the Total Usage. It isn't a zigbee2mqtt problem AFAICS. I expect it will be added in due course once it is reported to Joe.

Actually that command is supposed to tell the device to reset it’s counter. I haven’t implemented it in the shim because I have no idea what it’s supposed to look like. Does the documentation for the Salus plug show how to do that via MQTT?

Unfortunately they don't say anything, it is a case of buy the Salus hub and update with the app, no mention of zigbee in the very useless docs.
The only place I can find anything about OTA updates is on the zigbee2mqtt GitHub repository and they are still working it out, seems so far they can update
IKEA TRÅDFRI devices
Ubysis devices
Salus SP600 Smart plug
Osram/Ledvance devices

autolog wrote:

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 6:57 am
CliveS offline

It now looks like zigbee2mqtt has worked out the OTA update, well as far as the Salus SP600 plug is concerned.

Just successfully updated the firmware with MQTT Explorer.

Details can be found at...

autolog wrote:

CliveS