Indigo / Node-Red / Alexa

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:11 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Indigo / Node-Red / Alexa

There’s a plug-in in for the Concord 4 in the plugin store. Requires the serial automation interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:02 pm
siclark offline

jalves wrote:
Have played around a little with this Node-Red thing. Haven't gotten it do do anything special for me and honestly can't think of a use-case in my setup. But I do like to explore new things.

So, I just did a search and see there is a Node-Red device (is that the right word) for Alarm.com. This intrigues me. One of the things I've meant to do over the years is to integrate my Concord 4 alarm system into Indigo. Right now I control it entirely through my alarm company's internet interface (which appears to be alarm.com). If the node-red device would give me an easy way to include it into Indigo then I have a use-case.

Anybody invested Alarm.com interfacing with Node-Red?

If you have Alexa working and don't mind everything being bulbs or don't use it, and all your devices are supported via plugins then no use.
If you want to make the Alexa integration tighter with proper Alexa devices as we have in homekit or want to use other devices that aren't supported in indigo yet then yes there is a use case. It's very quick and easy to get up and running and does integrate into indigo directly or via mqtt.

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

siclark wrote:
If you have Alexa working and don't mind everything being bulbs or don't use it, and all your devices are supported via plugins then no use.
If you want to make the Alexa integration tighter with proper Alexa devices as we have in homekit or want to use other devices that aren't supported in indigo yet then yes there is a use case. It's very quick and easy to get up and running and does integrate into indigo directly or via mqtt.

I'm confused - was he asking about Alexa?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:30 pm
jalves offline

jay (support) wrote:
siclark wrote:

I'm confused - was he asking about Alexa?

I wasn't. I just want to get sensor (door, window, smoke) info and system condition (armed, disarmed) into Indigo.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:15 pm
siclark offline

Indigo / Node-Red / Alexa

The question was about use cases.

There are two. Main one for Alexa, the other as I said for where hardware devices aren't supported by indigo plugins today.

Edit: actually third use case. It also offers voice control of indigo from Google assistant for those people with apple/Amazon speakers. Or maybe from those tablets running domopad?

Posted on
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jalves wrote:
I wasn't. I just want to get sensor (door, window, smoke) info and system condition (armed, disarmed) into Indigo.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. :wink:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 am
siclark offline

jalves wrote:

So yes, if the serial integration doesn't work for you, yes node-red can offer a way to get this into indigo for you.

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:20 am
MarcoGT offline

I have a Danalock (Z-Wave version); I added to node-red but no I cannot control via Alexa; it says "unlock is not supported by this device".
From the app it works sometimes

Posted on
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:46 pm
PETStech offline

I am trying to install this, but when I get to

Dragged the following items into the flow window,
    Amazon Echo Hub
    Amazon Echo Device - invalid properties: name
    Indigo Set Device - invalid properties: controller

I get red triangles on both devices, as noted, above.

Initially, I mistakenly installed node-red-contrib-amazon-echo-ext, too, but since have removed the amazon and Indigo nodes, reloaded http://127.0.0.1:1880/#flow/52dc634c.ba34cc, and reinstalled the two nodes. But the red triangles are still there..

Obviously, as a Node-RED newbie, I need help.

Posted on
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:37 am
siclark offline

Have you then double clicked and entered the required details?

Posted on
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:41 am
PETStech offline

After reading the reply to my post, I understand what I needed to do (i.e., some steps are unstated in the OP's list). I also changed the port from 8178 to 8176 ( which is my Indigo server port, 8178 is my hue-bridge port), but Alexa discovery (either by voice command or the Alexa app) still does not find my 'Test Light' (i.e., Item Name dropdown box remains empty). I tried re-running node-red after the changes, to no avail.

BTW, Alexa does find and control my regular Indigo-defined devices for Indigo Touch control, and Alexa voice commands are working for the several LED bulbs controlled via Smart Life and MagicLightWF).

Any troubleshooting suggestions to get Alexa discovery working?

And, for clarification: The OP list, shows Hit Deploy (Echo node shows green i.e. connected). That node doesn't turn green but, instead,
a green Online text appears beneath the node. Am I taking the instructions too literally?

Posted on
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:04 pm
siclark offline

Are you trying to run the Alexa plugin and a node red setup?
Which node red versions are you running? The hue bulb emulator or the full Alexa skill?

Posted on
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:41 pm
PETStech offline

I am trying to use node-red-contrib-indigo (2.1.0) and node-red-contrib-amazon-echo (0.1.10) to regain some Alexa voice command control of my legacy (Indigo/X10) automation system—control I had with the Alexa-Hue Bridge. E.g., voice control of 15 Indigo action and virtual groups and approximately 40 legacy X10 controllers and modules.

I’m not sure what you mean by Alexa plugin and full Alexa skill? The Alexa-Hue Bridge plugin is installed but, of course, is not working. Could it be interfering with the suggested Node-RED setup presented earlier by Barilko? (See: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=23486&sid=d3693cdecc21bbf729b7d367aaccdbf8#p187209)

Posted on
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:26 pm
whmoorejr offline

Like most of the people on this thread, my Alexa-Hue Bridge died. I tried all the fixes to no avail. What's odd I had to "Remove all" devices from Alexa.amazon several times. (They kept showing back up which made testing the node-red a little tricky. After disabling the Alexa-Hue Bridge Plugin, the devices stopped re-appearing. I'm not positive of the connection there because I had changed out some of the devices in the plugin and couldn't get Alexa to discover them or control any of the existing ones. When the devices would "Re-appear" in the Alexa app, they were the original set.

Anyway, Node-red sounds like a fun alternative until a native Indigo Skill / Alexa plugin is available.

I did the "Test Light" thing, that worked. Then deleted it and went the Node-red skill route. Added 2 devices to play with. My office light and my office motion detector.

My office light is working via Alexa voice command. But there are a few things (so far) that I haven't figured out how to incorporate...

1) Motion. I added it on my node-red account page as a motion detector. Alexa discovered it. I can create a routine based on it, but Alexa doesn't see any changes. I've tried several flow variations (Indigo Get) -> (Alexa State). (Alexa home) -> (Indigo Set). (Indigo Get) -> (Alexa Resp). (Alexa Home) -> (Switch Function) -> (Indigo Get). I can't seem to get the right combination to get a device status update in the Alexa App. (Like others here, I don't look at my Alexa app to see what's on, but it would be fun to experiment with initiating an Alexa routine.)

2) Locks. I added a zwave door lock... but can't seem to control it.

3) Virtual devices. I didn't see any virtual devices listed. Is there a work around?

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:32 pm
siclark offline

Great you’ve foundit useful.

1). I don’t understand why you are setting up a motion device. Or are you trying to feed indigo stays back into node red for Alexa? In which case I also haven’t been able to do that with Indigo Get. Thinking I need mqtt but not got to further. Wish we knew who the developer of the node red indigo skill was.

2). I have a lock device in Alexa working but it’s controlling an indigo action. You might need a different means of controlling the indigo device from node red. Can to lock and unlock with actions?

3). Could you try a meta device or use an action?

Page 6 of 11 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11