Zigbee sensor instructions

Posted on
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:47 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Zigbee sensor instructions

autolog wrote:
Hi Joe,
FlyingDiver wrote:
... Try leaving that field blank and see what happens.

Looks like that worked :D

OK, I'm going to add a note to that effect in the dialog box.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:48 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
Wow those motion sensors are smaller than they look and are crazily cheap

The info for the motion detectors (for zigbee2mqqtt) is here: Xiaomi RTCGQ11LM

Likewise, the info for the Temperature sensor is here: Xiaomi WSDCGQ11LM

I need to test out how to set the options via MQTT = equivalent to Z-Wave device config options. :)

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:57 pm
siclark offline

Hi Joe,
So I have the vibration sensor now, and it detects tilt/vibration/drop and reports through a single action payload. As well as this it sends details on 3 axis rotation. The payload is this.

{"battery":100,"voltage":3095,"linkquality":99,"angle":77,"angle_x":3,"angle_y":0,"angle_z":87,"angle_x_absolute":87,"angle_y_absolute":90,"strength":72,"action":"vibration"}

What I cant seem to do is trigger a generic sensor to turn on if the action changes. I have tried generic and motion, and putting On Value as either vibration or "vibration" with payload key as action.

Does this still expect boolean? Is it possible to just build a trigger on the change in the payload? I guess I dont really need a sensor device change for this, I think what I really want to do is trigger a notification? Its unlikely that anyone is going to be watching the device as one of the actions occurs.

Cheers

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:01 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Move this over to the MQTT Forums, please. Start a new thread for issues with this device.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:38 pm
siclark offline

I've got a CC2351 flashed with the router (booster) software plugged into a USB socket (ie power only not into a computer) that is now working as a booster. Its positioned halfway to where I needed the signal and working well.
Although I think my long term plan will be to get a more powerful board and aerial, this was a cheap way to quickly expand the network.

Posted on
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:12 pm
autolog offline

I have a couple of INNR plugs that I think act as repeaters - will do further testing tomorrow. :)

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:44 am
autolog offline

Another device has just been delivered: Innr Flex Colour, 4 Meter RGBW Smart LED Strip FL 130C UK :D

The good news; it is recognised by zigbee2mqtt:
Code: Select all
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-02-23 12:35:09: Device 'innr_flex_light_1' joined
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-02-23 12:35:09: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_connected","message":{"friendly_name":"innr_flex_light_1"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-02-23 12:35:09: Starting interview of 'innr_flex_light_1'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-02-23 12:35:09: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"pairing","message":"interview_started","meta":{"friendly_name":"innr_flex_light_1"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-02-23 12:35:20: Successfully interviewed 'innr_flex_light_1', device has successfully been paired
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-02-23 12:35:20: Device 'innr_flex_light_1' is supported, identified as: Innr Color Flex LED strip (FL 130 C)
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-02-23 12:35:20: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"pairing","message":"interview_successful","meta":{"friendly_name":"innr_flex_light_1","model":"FL 130 C","vendor":"Innr","description":"Color Flex LED strip","supported":true}}'

I am now trying to control it but need to work out the format of the messages to send. It isn't 100% clear in my mind how to do this, I need to research more: Innr FL 130 C

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:32 am
autolog offline

Network Map

Looking at the documentation here: MQTT topics and message structure, I see it is possible to get a graphical display of the Zigbee network. Search for this heading: zigbee2mqtt/bridge/networkmap

You need to publish a message with the topic: zigbee2mqtt/bridge/networkmap/routes and payload of graphviz [Note no {} around the payload].

This can take a few minutes and you will get a network map data published as a message topic: zigbee2mqtt/bridge/networkmap/[graphviz. I didn't use this, I just copied the content of the message out of the zigbee2mqtt log.

You can then paste the message starting with digraph G { and ending in } into the panel at WebGraphViz to get a graphical display of your network.

Using this I have confirmed that my INNR plugs work as routers. Having relocated one of the INNR plugs, I reset one of my temperature sensors that was in close proximity and I can now see that the sensor is routing back to the controller via the plug.

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:21 am
siclark offline

Nice. I'll definitely try that out tonight. Damn work getting in the way of my play time

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:22 am
siclark offline

Wouldn't the led strip pair with your hue hub? Or is this more just playing to see what's possible?

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:47 am
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
Wouldn't the led strip pair with your hue hub? Or is this more just playing to see what's possible?

Quite possibly; if I had a Hue Hub, which I don't. :wink:

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:46 am
FlyingDiver offline

One suggestion for anyone using this system - set up your topics so that there's at least three components, as @siclark did in his example:

Code: Select all
zigbee2mqtt/Aqara/Master

On other threads, I'm seeing a lot of two part names, where the only added component is the device name. If you go that route, you need to set up a trigger for every device. While if you use three part topics, you only need a trigger for each device TYPE. Multiple devices of the same time can share the trigger. Less triggers (and less message types) are more efficient and less time consuming to set up. IMHO.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:04 pm
autolog offline

I am not sure how that can be done with connecting directly to zigbee2mqtt? :?

I think Simon is using a Raspberry Pi and Node-Red which is sending the messages through or I could be misunderstanding that.

The messages published from zigbee2mqtt start with 'zigbee2mqtt/device_name' folowed by the payload.

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I thought I read that you could specify the topics in the zigbee2mqtt configuration files. But I could be wrong. as I haven't done any of this myself. Hopefully Simon will be able to clarify.

It's not the end of the world if you can't, but it would cut down on the amount of work needed to do this on a larger scale.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:10 pm
siclark offline

Jon. When you rename in zigbee2mqtt just add a / in the name. Ie device/name.