Zigbee sensors

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:19 am
siclark offline

Re: Zigbee sensors

CliveS wrote:
siclark wrote:
Haha. Nice case. What sensor have you got?

I'll try and get onto it this evening. Just had a HDD in my NAS die so having to deal with that first.

At present only Philips Hue bulbs as most Aqara sellers are Chinese based so I am not ordering due to the delay
Case Stick and antenna preflashed for zigbee2mqqt for £22.00 first class royal mail delivery.

I've thought about it but I'm keeping my hue bulbs with the proper hub for now. But have considered moving everything over and selling the hue hub to fund more toys

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:22 am
CliveS offline

autolog wrote:
CliveS wrote:
... Case Stick and antenna preflashed for zigbee2mqqt for £22.00 first class royal mail delivery.

Is there a link for this? :)

It seems he has one left and put the price up to 24.99 without the case, no doubt because he can't get anymore from China !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113926193098

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:26 am
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:
You can get aqara temp and humidity from Amazon in only 1-2 days and not much difference in price to the Chinese sellers.

Also look at banggood as they sell several sensor types shipping from Europe.

I had a quick look but they were quoting delivery around 28 Feb (so sent from China), will have another look later, never used Bangood, always AliExpress.

I was not going to swap the Hue bulbs over, just using them as a test...I would never move them from Nathan's bulletproof Hue app, Never!

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:29 am
CliveS offline

CliveS wrote:
autolog wrote:
CliveS wrote:
... Case Stick and antenna preflashed for zigbee2mqqt for £22.00 first class royal mail delivery.

Is there a link for this? :)

It seems he has one left and put the price up to 24.99 without the case, no doubt because he can't get anymore from China !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113926193098

And this is what I ordered

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 15.13.08.png
Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 15.13.08.png (255.97 KiB) Viewed 2566 times

CliveS

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 am
siclark offline

Just buy the case only from him and the cc2351 with antenna from Amazon or eBay. UK sellers charge about £10-12. You'll have to flash it yourself but you can do that with 4 female-female jumpers and a pi.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3152422085

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:34 am
siclark offline

I don't have the case just bare board for now. I'm planning to have them hidden anyway.

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:38 am
autolog offline

Just ordered it! :D

Found this on Thingiverse: CC2531 Cover with HomeAssistant Logo which I shall print off - It would be good to print one with an Indigo cover. :wink:

Also ordered one of these: Aqara Smart Air Pressure Temperature Humidity - A little bit more expensive but shipped from Amazon and arrives tomorrow.

Looking forward to trying this out. :)

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:51 am
CliveS offline

autolog wrote:
Just ordered it! :D

Found this on Thingiverse: CC2531 Cover with HomeAssistant Logo which I shall print off - It would be good to print one with an Indigo cover. :wink:

Also ordered one of these: Aqara Smart Air Pressure Temperature Humidity - A little bit more expensive but shipped from Amazon and arrives tomorrow.

Looking forward to trying this out. :)

The cover is the same I bought for £5! but then I don't have a printer, also grabbed the same Aqara as you so I can crib your setup as I am getting nowhere fast with the Shelly dimmer :?
Just hope Si gets his hard drive sorted so he can write his howto (hopefully with lots of pictures :) )

CliveS

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 am
siclark offline

Awesome! Do you take orders?

That's the same sensor I have. NAS is all sorted so I'll write up a guide tonight

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:07 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:

That's the same sensor I have. NAS is all sorted so I'll write up a guide tonight

Let me check out how it prints first. I have just moved my printer onto the UPS as storm Dennis is raging outside and I thought I would err on the side of caution re: power cuts. I haven't converted it to an Indigo version - I would have to work out how to do that. Also, I would have to get some Indigo coloured PLA filament! :wink:

Assuming it prints OK, I would be happy to send you one if you PM me your address. :)

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:33 pm
siclark offline

autolog wrote:
siclark wrote:

Let me check out how it prints first. I have just moved my printer onto the UPS as storm Dennis is raging outside and I thought I would err on the side of caution re: power cuts. I haven't converted it to an Indigo version - I would have to work out how to do that. Also, I would have to get some Indigo coloured PLA filament! :wink:

Assuming it prints OK, I would be happy to send you one if you PM me your address. :)

Yes it's raging outside here too. No rush at all, that would be amazing. And yes it has to be indigo coloured!!