Different Computers offline

Re: Feature Requests -- UDM Pro Support and backup file arch

kw123 wrote:
there are several connections the plugin does:
1. to 0-5 APs
2. to 0-15 switches
3. to 0/1 gateway
4. to 0/1 controller

They all have an IP address. In principle you could assign the same IP address to all of them.

I guess you are just using ONE AP with ONE ip number?Karl

The UDM is a gateway, switch and AP all at the same IP address. I haven't looked to see if I need to configure all three yet.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:12 am
kw123 offline

check Ramias post

Karl

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:26 pm
durosity offline

kw123 wrote:
check Ramias post

Karl

My udm pro is turning up tomorrow, based on the last few posts do you still want access to it in a default state or shall I just set it up to replace my existing gateway/switch/cloudkey and just set them all to use the same IP address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:18 pm
kw123 offline

Yes would like to check it out. No hurry.
You can set it up and use all the same Ip# userid and passwords for AP - SWITCH- GATEWAY.

I like to understand the differences in response to the tail -f syslog
And also if we can add the http access.

Karl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:01 pm
Ramias offline

I can send my syslog and run some curl commands if that will help.

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:09 pm
kw123 offline

I will send you a list of commands to run.

thanks

Karl

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 am
evansgo offline

Ramias wrote:
The ssh login to the UDM pro uses the username root and a separate password (set in the UDM portion of the UI -- you just have the option to set the password from what the UnifiAPs and switches use (set in the network controller portion). I set the username/password for the Unifi devices to "root" and the same password and use these credentials in the existing plugin and it appears to be working correctly to access the gateway portion of the UDM.

So the only gap is support for direct access to the controller portion. Which I've currently disabled in the plugin. There does not appear to be a /api that works for the UDM.

Sorry probably doing something daft here.
My setup is a UDM (not pro) 4 x AP's (1 on UDM) 4 x switches (1 on UDM) and I copied the cloud settings over and restored to the UDM. All of that worked ok, but I got login errors on the plugin.

I have The controller, the AP & the switch all set to the same IP. I have SSH'd into it OK using the root / password combo, and I can either get the other AP's to work OR the UDM AP. So if I wander about the house the other suddenly 'see' me and mark me as home, but if I come back into the UDM area I'm no longer registered. The only place I can see to reset the SSH password is in the network area, where else can I set SSH access for the UDM (or am I confused)
thanks

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:57 am
kw123 offline

you are asking about settings in the plugin or the unify device?

Karl

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:08 pm
Ramias offline

Posting this here in case it helps — the path to the api.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comme ... nt/fhjezr8

For example https://udm_pro_ip:443/proxy/network/ap ... tat/device will get you a Json text response with all the device configuration details in it.

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:44 pm
durosity offline

kw123 wrote:
Yes would like to check it out. No hurry.
You can set it up and use all the same Ip# userid and passwords for AP - SWITCH- GATEWAY.

I like to understand the differences in response to the tail -f syslog
And also if we can add the http access.

Karl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've just got the new UDM Pro up and running.. other that the integrated cloudkey and inability to manage other sites (which I knew about) I'm quite impressed with it.. alas no joy with the plugin. I've changed everything relevant to be pointing to 192.168.1.1 but alas just:

Code: Select all
   uniFiAP Error                   getMessages: (1)  error connecting to ip#: 192.168.1.1 wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
   uniFiAP Error                   UNIFI executeCMDOnController error no json object: (wrong UID/passwd, ip number?) ...>><<
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:01 --:--:--     0
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--     0
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--     0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.1.1 port 8443: Connection refused
 Connection
   uniFiAP Error                   getMessages: (1)  error connecting to ip#: 192.168.1.1 wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
   uniFiAP Error                   getMessages: (1)  error connecting to ip#: 192.168.1.4 wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?
   uniFiAP Error                   getMessages: (1)  error connecting to ip#: 192.168.1.3 wrong ip/ password or system down or ssh timed out or ..?

I've tried it on port 443 as someone suggested previously but the same messages. also for reference 192.168.1.3 is a 48 port POE switch and the .4 is an AP-AC-Pro (and there is a .5 which is an AP-AC-LR which is configured but hasn't shown up as an error.. yet)

I'm too tired to try anything else right now.. what with it being almost 3am.. but if you have anything you want me to have a look at I'll try tomorrow or at the weekend. And if at any point you want to TeamViewer in or whatever that can be arranged.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:48 pm
Ramias offline

You can’t currently connect to it as a controller. Just the gateway. So uncheck the controller option.

EDIT -- I mean set "use controller info" to off.
Last edited by Ramias on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:07 pm
evansgo offline

Ramias wrote:
You can’t currently connect to it as a controller. Just the gateway. So uncheck the controller option.

In your previous message do you mean you need to set the ssh password to be the same as the UDM web login? As I cannot see anywhere in the UniFi pages where I can change any other password? I did set the ssh password in the network area to be root and the same as my web login but it’s still not working. Just getting up now so will experiment more today

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Ramias offline

Under the advanced settings for the UDM Pro, you can set the SSH Password. Ssh user is root.

On the network controller, settings, site, at the bottom it says device authentication.

Use root and the same password here for your switches and access points and then use that username and password in the plugin.

Your web password can be different.

In the plugin, where it says Controller Info and "use controller info" set it to off, since the controller api is different than device (including gateway) SSH and the api path (and perhaps some of the data returned) is different.

Posted on
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:01 am
evansgo offline

Ramias wrote:
Under the advanced settings for the UDM Pro, you can set the SSH Password. Ssh user is root.

On the network controller, settings, site, at the bottom it says device authentication.

Use root and the same password here for your switches and access points and then use that username and password in the plugin.

Your web password can be different.

In the plugin, where it says Controller Info and "use controller info" set it to off, since the controller api is different than device (including gateway) SSH and the api path (and perhaps some of the data returned) is different.

Hmm thanks, unless I am missing it then the UDM has different options to the UDM Pro. I'm not seeing any advanced options for the UDM :(
I do have the normal SSH device authentication options and have set them to root / password.

What version of software are you running, maybe there's a newer version for the Pro, it was certainly not a simple update process for the UDM, there were different versions all over the place?
My controller is 1.5.5.1986
General is 5.12.42

Posted on
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:36 am
evansgo offline

OK it does look like the UDM ssh is linked to the web login , its definitely separate to the Network ssh, I see no separate entry for it and using the CL I can ssh in using my web login....

It looks like the UDM is lagging behind the UDM Pro in firmware for some reason and from all accounts is pretty buggy although I cannot confirm this myself.
So what I have done at the moment is to disable the WLANS from the built in AP and put my AP Pro back into the network. This has allowed me to use this plugin again and catch all areas. When I was originally setting up my UDM one of the firmware versions did show the UDM as separate devices, but the current version does not allow this. This could be linked to the password issue. I'm hoping that they are working hard on these incompatibilities and it'll stabilize soon with new FW.