August rate limiting

Posted on
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:39 pm
vtmikel offline

August rate limiting

I recently started receiving these notices like below in the plugin. I've reduced the polling in my config to 60 seconds to resolve. Please post if you are having a similar experience. It's likely that August has introduced some new rate-limiting features.

Code: Select all
   August Home Error               Response HTTP Status Code: 429
   August Home Error               Response HTTP Response Body: <html>
<head><title>429 Too Many Requests</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>429 Too Many Requests</h1></center>
<hr><center>openresty/1.15.8.2</center>
</body>
</html>

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:29 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: August rate limiting

The folks over at home-assistant have confirmed the problem as well. I've made some adjustments according to their testing on the new rate limits imposed by August.

According to the home-assistant users, 10 seconds should still be acceptable for your polling interval (configurable in the plugin settings). What's changed:

1. I moved the polling to use the lockStatus API method rather than lockDetails. This allowed to have a single API call for both locks and door sensors.
2. The move to lockStatus means we no longer get the battery level. However this doesn't change very often so it's an okay trade-off. The battery level is updated when the plugin is restarted, or when you click the "Send Status Request" button. I'll likely implement a polling every few hours as well down the road.

I've posted a pre-release version on GitHub (https://github.com/mlamoure/Indigo-Augu ... /v1.0.19b1). Please report if you still get the errors for too many requests.

Page 1 of 1