MunDMC’s Magic Mirror + Indigo WIP

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:00 am
mundmc offline

MunDMC’s Magic Mirror + Indigo WIP

DaveL17 wrote:
That is pretty sick. I must admit, though, that I'm a bit more intrigued by the beer taps in the background. :D

Good eye!
Yes, my shop is my happy place. Six Point Bengali IPA at all times, with a sixth keg on backup. I spent more time researching kegerators than i care to admit.

Edit: Did you see the 52” on the gantry in the previous pic? When I say happy place, I mean it :)

Edit 2: You might also note, below said taps, is my Indigo light switch test bed, previously posted here as, “The Children’s Learning Lab of Doom.”

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:41 am
durosity offline

Re: MunDMC’s Magic Mirror + Indigo WIP

mundmc wrote:
New $100 monitor arrived... now to add an iframe for Indigo...

looking fab!

DaveL17 wrote:
That is pretty sick. I must admit, though, that I'm a bit more intrigued by the beer taps in the background. :D

Ya know what he needs? Automated beer taps. And an automated robot to use said automated beer taps to make you some automated beer and automatically bring it to you.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:26 am
siclark offline

durosity wrote:

Ya know what he needs? Automated beer taps. And an automated robot to use said automated beer taps to make you some automated beer and automatically bring it to you.

Isn't that what children are for?

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:27 am
durosity offline

siclark wrote:
Isn't that what children are for?

Yes but that involves having children nearby and generally I try to avoid them.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:19 am
DaveL17 offline

mundmc wrote:
Did you see the 52” on the gantry in the previous pic? When I say happy place, I mean it :)

Oh, I saw that (in prior pics too). I'm designing a new house now that will definitely have a happy place. Right now, the idea is for 25' x 25' (625ft). Don't know if I'll put a screen in there or not; sometimes happiness is being away from screens for me. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:42 am
mundmc offline

DaveL17 wrote:
mundmc wrote:
Did you see the 52” on the gantry in the previous pic? When I say happy place, I mean it :)

Oh, I saw that (in prior pics too). I'm designing a new house now that will definitely have a happy place. Right now, the idea is for 25' x 25' (625ft). Don't know if I'll put a screen in there or not; sometimes happiness is being away from screens for me. :D

Quite honestly, i only use it 10% of the time for TV in the shop. It swivels around to face out to the bar when I have guests, but I mainly use it to Airplay my ipad, on which I draw schematics. I also have a Grafana dashboard (hosted on a rasbpi) that is sized for the screen.

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:04 pm
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:
mundmc wrote:
sometimes happiness is being away from screens for me. :D

The older I get the more I agree with this.. that said I'd suggest even if you decide to go sans screen at least run the power and wiring for it in case you change your mind in the future... even if it's just a nice surprise for whoever owns the house after you leave!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:14 pm
DaveL17 offline

durosity wrote:
DaveL17 wrote:
mundmc wrote:
sometimes happiness is being away from screens for me. :D

The older I get the more I agree with this.. that said I'd suggest even if you decide to go sans screen at least run the power and wiring for it in case you change your mind in the future... even if it's just a nice surprise for whoever owns the house after you leave!

Oh, I will definitely do that. I plan to run pretty much everything but water out there.

As for the future, I plan to leave in a pine box! :D

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:35 pm
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:

As for the future, I plan to leave in a pine box! :D

When that day comes can I have your house and everything in it? I’ll even upgrade you to a pine box with a z-wave controller in it so you can still automate from beyond the grave...

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:41 pm
DaveL17 offline

durosity wrote:
When that day comes can I have your house and everything in it? I’ll even upgrade you to a pine box with a z-wave controller in it so you can still automate from beyond the grave...

You'll have to ask the wife!

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:43 pm
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:
You'll have to ask the wife!

Ok I just asked my wife and she's ok with that. She suggested it'd be a good idea for us to be involved during the build so it's more to our tastes than yours, what with that pillo.. I mean.. unexplained circumstance that's yet to happen.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:43 pm
DaveL17 offline

If you want me to pay for it, you'll want to make sure that nothing happens to me. For now.

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:45 pm
mundmc offline

Don’t even get me going on WAF- my other forum I frequent is avsforums- my wife didn’t realize what she was signing up for when she said, “I support you turning the basement into a theater.”

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:52 pm
durosity offline

mundmc wrote:
Don’t even get me going on WAF- my other forum I frequent is avsforums- my wife didn’t realize what she was signing up for when she said, “I support you turning the basement into a theater.”

Same here.. when I moved into this brand new house 6 years ago within days the brand new plasterboard was riddled with holes and huge chunks missing.... some still haven’t been finished.

DaveL17 wrote:
If you want me to pay for it, you'll want to make sure that nothing happens to me. For now.

Oh nothing will.. you’re worth more to me alive. At least until Indigo 9 comes out with the ability to control a Rosie from the Jetsons like robot.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:49 pm
mundmc offline

Time to give this thing some situation awareness. Fun fact- OpenCV already has a shallow/ manageable image classifier neural network in it :D

If that fails, I gotta figure out sockets to make this talk with my linux box.