Verisure Plugin

Posted on
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:56 am
howartp offline

Re: Verisure Plugin

CrazyFin wrote:
@howartp
I just came back home after being away from home for 10 days and was really happy to see that you have managed to create a new Verisure plugin!
I could not even wait to pack up my travel bags before downloading your plugin to try it out.

I thought you were being a bit quiet!

I’m waiting for Matt about lock/unlock - but are you saying your alarm is showing locked/unlocked on the Indigo UI? I can’t get mine to stop saying On/Off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:25 am
CrazyFin offline

He he I am back now so activity will be normal again.

I realise now that I was a bit unclear about the alarm status shown in Indigo GUI.

Alarm status shows "off" all the time, no matter what status alarm is set to. The "Unlock" and "Lock" status is shown in the controls for the device.

By the way, I see in your devices.xml that you have device type "relay" which I believe only can have "on" or "off" as its state.
Code: Select all
<Device type="relay" id="verisureAlarmDeviceType">

while the old version had
Code: Select all
<Device type="custom" id="verisureAlarmDeviceType">

There are some other differences I see as well that might be causing the issue with Indigo GUI not showing correct state for the alarm?

Posted on
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:51 am
howartp offline

No, relay can be locked/unlocked - as you’ll see from the Verisure lock device in the same file.

Posted on
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:53 am
CrazyFin offline

Ah yes indeed but in this case the alarm actually has three states which will not be working for a 2 state relay:

"Disarmed"
"Armed Away"
"Armed Home"

I am not sure the correct names of the different states though.
I have seen "ARMED_AWAY" and "ARMED_HOME" in the "statusType" fields in the Indigo Touch GUI (in the details tab) on my iPhone.

Posted on
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:55 pm
howartp offline

Ok, my new plugin is now properly live in my plugin forum:

viewforum.php?f=321

I'll get it added to Plugin Store shortly.

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:00 am
CrazyFin offline

Cool!

Where do you prefer that we post comments?
Do you want to keep comments in this thread or shall we start a new thread for comments on the Verisure V2 plugin?

I will test the new version when I am back home later tonight.

I realised yesterday evening (before I saw that you had posted the 2.0.2 version that shows states correctly in GUI) that my triggers actually are working on changes in the alarm state since they are looking at the "statusType" variable so it is only the GUI that was showing wrong state.

I'll see if I can do a test where I actually trigger the alarm next weekend. My problem is that my alarm is connected to the security firm so they would start sending a patrol to my house as soon as the alarm triggers... :-) I might be able to put the alarm in some kind of test mode or give them a call first and see if I can get a 2-3 minute window for testing.

Also, I do have a couple of smart plugs so if you can enable them in the next version I am happy to test them as well.

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:20 am
howartp offline

New threads in other forum please.