Heatmiser Neo Plugin

Posted on
Mon May 13, 2019 12:06 pm
siclark offline

Re: Heatmiser Neo Plugin

Heads up to those using this. Heatmiser have just released cheap, £15 wireless sensors that can be extra or add-on temp sensors for averaging temperature with the neo stats.
Not used one yet but could be useful for my bathrooms where the stat is outside the room, which kinda defeats the purpose. This might fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:02 pm
siclark offline

Alan. I've taken the plunge and upgraded to v2 to be able to use the wireless temp sensors mainly and get native HomeKit connectivity.
Before I switch everything over, and recreate the programs on 14 stats, I presume there are no issues with v2.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:14 pm
racarter offline

Not that I'm aware Simon - no problems reported from other users.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:08 pm
siclark offline

So amazingly despite Heatmiser support telling me I would lose all my programs, as I deleted the stats from the old hub, then resynced them to the new hub, they kept their programs in local memory so all good.

However, I set them up in a different order from before. How the plugin has all its devices being read from the neohub, but plugin adddress 1 used to be Utility and now is Kitchen. Rather than delete them all, lose history and change all my triggers etc. Is it possible to edit which Address links to which Indigo device ID and where?

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:12 pm
siclark offline

Actually, forget that, its not working. Its not recognising change in state of the stats. I think I need to just delete the plugin devices and start again. Or delete the whole plugin and start again.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:54 pm
siclark offline

Realised I could edit the indigo db, but easiest was to just delete the devices in the Heatmiser app, and then add them back in the Indigo address order!

All good now.

Posted on
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:56 am
siclark offline

Hi Alan,
I have got v2 of the hub running fine now and have added 2 new wireless sensors and a plug (used as RF booster for the sensors that dont participate in the neo mesh)

I am getting this error now,

Heatmiser-Neo Error updateStatState: Unknown device type '14'

I am guessing its the sensor, the plugin has created the devices but no attributes for them. I am guessing they should just show as a thermostat and just report a temperature?

Is this an easy fix? I dont really need the devices to work, just need my log not filled up with errors!

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:53 am
racarter offline

I’ll have a look at the code (it’s been a while).

Are you happy for me just to ignore device type 14?

Posted on
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 am
siclark offline

If that is the easiest. For now I am using them paired with zones, so the neostat is reporting the actual temperature.

I would like to use them at some point as standalone wireless temp sensors for my zwave TRVs with Autolog's plugin as cheaper than and easier and nicer looking than a rPi with pibeacon or other alternatives, but that is less of a concern for now.

Posted on
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:08 am
racarter offline

Cool; I'll post an update shortly.

Posted on
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:11 am
siclark offline

I Was pleasantly surprised to see the sensors pop up automagically... then I spotted the log.

Heatmiser just keeps on getting better. These sensors if they work as advertised are amazing. Not sure on battery life or how frequently they report temp but they are already improving my system and ideally have a few to add, to both correct for stats being outside bathrooms or in the wrong place, or to enable averaging across a large room that heats unevenly. .