Questions & feature requests for the released WLED plugin

Posted on
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:48 am
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Questions & feature requests for the released WLED plugi

Colly wrote:
ELWOOD wrote:
Looking forward to using this new plugin, but having trouble with flashing the esp8266 board. I have downloaded both the ESPhome-flasher and the NodeMCU pyflasher but have not been able to get them to run. Got past the waining from apple, but when I start either flasher it starts to load it's icon shows up on the dock and then it quits. Is it possible I am missing a driver or some other resource ? Would appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has been able to flash the esp8266

Thanks
Elwood

Hi Elwood,
I needed to download a driver as I couldn't select it or see it from the dropdown menu. The driver that worked for me can be found by searching Mac_OSX_VCP_Driver.
Hope this helps.

Interesting the esphomeflasher app will run and not find the nodemcu without the driver installed, but when the driver is installed I can’t get the app to run.
I’ve checked the prefs in Security and all is ok...as the app did load without the driver installed.

I’ve tried on 2 different macs running 10.12 and 10.14 with no luck. The app won’t load on either with the driver installed.
Appreciate any ideas.

Edit: Tried a couple different USB cables, a reboot, and finally got it working.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:16 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Should the plugin pickup changes made to lights from the WLED app?
Just doing some testing before my LED strip arrives and am not seeing any updates in Indigo
when I make changes in the app.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:53 pm
Seeker offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Should the plugin pickup changes made to lights from the WLED app?
Just doing some testing before my LED strip arrives and am not seeing any updates in Indigo
when I make changes in the app.

Thanks,

Carl

i can answer this one!

yes, it does pick up the changes made to the controller by the web interface or the app. the polling in the plugin defaults to 60 seconds to get the status, but you can change it.

I have a control page in indigo that shows effect, speed, brightness, etc. and that is something the app/web does not show (cleanly...you can see the slider state for bright/speed, but there's no display of current effect in the web/app). this is a major improvement provided by the plugin.

Posted on
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:00 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Great thanks. Hope it’s ok to set down to 5 secs. At 60 it could get very confusing.

Carl

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:01 am
neilk offline

Carl,
It should be fine, I was probably too conservative with the default and will reduce it. I have seen the iPhone app lose connection to the WLED , but it will reconnect its the controller is hit with too many requests but that was while testing the plugin, browser and app.
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:19 am
arthurdaire offline

Hi

Been using this fantastic plugin few a few days with about 500 LED strings. Working great.

However I wanted to request a feature to toggle CYCLE MODE on and off. I find that I have to work se the mobile UI to enable this s all the time when the lights turn on as per schedule in Indigo.

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:42 am
neilk offline

I will take a look, if it is in the API I should be able to get it.
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:50 pm
neilk offline

arthurdaire wrote:
Hi

However I wanted to request a feature to toggle CYCLE MODE on and off. I find that I have to work se the mobile UI to enable this s all the time when the lights turn on as per schedule in Indigo.

Thanks

https://github.com/neilkplugins/WLED-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/1.0.4-alpha

I have posted an alpha release that adds this feature, and it does update the toggle in the WLED UI, but it is not a feature I use so please let me know if it does what you need.

It uses the existing device state "preset" and adds a new action "Set Preset Cycle" which adds a toggle to set this to True or False.

If this works I will push a new version to the plugin store that will add this and the UDP sync feature and update the documents.

Neil

PS. I have some optimisations to do courtesy of Joël that I should get around to over the holidays.

Posted on
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:20 pm
arthurdaire offline

Thanks Neil.

Will give it ago and let you know .

Cheers

Arthur

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:27 pm
neilk offline

https://github.com/neilkplugins/WLED-in ... .0.5-alpha

Just posted a very simple update that will publish the WIFI data to the Indigo Event Log is plugin debugging is enabled each time the WLED updates. More to come with support for 0.9.0 as the new API features are documented but the plugin will work fine and with mixed WLED versions.