Change font size of My House

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:57 pm
stanleykrasnow offline

As I am aging my vision is becoming less acute and I'd like to enlarge the font used in Indigo's My House control page. I've looked at the Indigo Preferences and View parameters and inquired in the forums and cannot find an approach. Can someone please let me know how to enlarge the fonts used in My House? I am on Indigo 7.4. Thank you.

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:50 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Change font size of My House

Are you talking about the Indigo Touch for Web? In Safari, you can just zoom (cmd +) the page.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:10 pm
peszko offline

I strongly second that request. And for me it is the Indigo client it self. I'd love to increase the fonts on all the interface items.

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We'll add it to the list, but I have to say that it would be a huge undertaking to do it in the Mac Client...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:23 pm
stanleykrasnow offline

[size=150]Thank you, Jay. No I am referring to the Indigo Client itself that comes up when you first install Indigo and provides views into all the Indigo assets, such as devices, schedules, the Event Log, Variable Lists, etc. It is very hard for me to read the My House panel as it is presented by default, and I have been unable to get it enlarged on my screen using zoom-in gestures on the touchpad, or Cntrl+.

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:36 pm
DaveL17 offline

You might try using accessibility settings as an alternative. Go to System --> Accessibility --> Zoom.

My preference is to have Smooth Images and Zoom Style set to full screen. You can then use OPTION-COMMAND-8 to toggle Zoom on and off, and use OPTION-COMMAND-[PLUS] and OPTION-COMMAND-[MINUS] to adjust the zoom level to taste. I don't use the feature in the Indigo client (yet) but I do use it elsewhere from time to time.
Last edited by DaveL17 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:32 pm
peszko offline

Good idea. Not perfect, but usable. Forgot that this exists.

Posted on
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I had also forgotten about this. While perhaps not perfect, it works and doesn't require any extra development effort (so we can continue to focus on other features).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 pm
stanleykrasnow offline

THank you all. I just tried DaveL17's suggestion for using the OSX accessibility settings, and it certainly does accomplish the end of allowing me to read the My House Control panel without a struggle. DaveL17 s idea is a very effective work-around. It would be optimal in the long run if Indigo My House could respond to CMD+ and CMD- keystrokes. Again - thank all of you.

Page 1 of 1