Wrong image being sent to Pushover

Posted on
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:42 am
abplus offline

Hi Mike,

Firstly, thank you very much for this plugin, its incredibly useful and allows me to get live motion alerts with a snapshot when we are away from home.

Just one problem, which I'm sure is something I'm doing wrong. The snapshot I get from Pushover is always the image before the live one. For example there was a motion alert on one of our cams at 21:30 last night but the image Pushover sends is from the previous alert that happened at 15:20.

My path setup seems to be fine (as images are being written) and I'm using variables for the path names.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks very much,

Andrew.

Posted on
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:07 am
vtmikel offline

This is likely because the pushover action is completing before my plugin action has time to finish. This is the way that Indigo does it actions, it does not wait for the previous action to complete before it begins the next.

I recommend putting a 1-2 second delay on the pushover action. If you are using the animated GIF option or stitching, add more as my plugin will get multiple images over a period of a few seconds depending on your settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:26 am
abplus offline

Re: Wrong image being sent to Pushover

Thanks very much Mike, I will give that a go and see what happens. I appreciate you getting back to me.

Kindest regards,

Andrew.

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 am
abplus offline

Hi Mike,

I added an 8 second delay but I am still getting the image before the image I'm expecting. How does the plugin choose which image file to use after a motion event ? All my captures are stored on a NAS so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:46 am
norcoscia offline

I was watching this on my machine yesterday - it does take a few seconds to write the .jpeg files and then some time to build the GIF. I would recommend you do this on the Indigo/Security Spy local mac HDD to save some time. The jpeg are deleted and the .GIF is replaced each time so it will not take up much space.

Good luck!

PS. I'm doing 5 sec@ .5FPS and it is working with a 4 sec delay on the pushover action. Using 10 sec capture should take about twice as long to get done depending on your machine.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:53 am
vtmikel offline

Like norcoscia said, I would open the folder you are creating the GIF in, and watch as the plugin executes and downloads the images. You'll get an idea for the timing that way. The temporary files are created in the same folder as the final file. Local disk might make it quicker since the plugin saves the individual jpg and then creates the gif from the jpgs.

8 seconds is a long time unless you are doing >5 second GIF. It shouldnt take that long, unless the NAS is creating a bottleneck. Maybe test still images first and then move to the GIF.

I started creating two images for my camera - one still image with original size, and one animation (via action group in my screenshot). I send two pushover notifications, separately, with a longer delay on the animation.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 10.50.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 10.50.52 AM.png (591.91 KiB) Viewed 3448 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:58 am
vtmikel offline

Here is my screenshot of the plugin action screen for my still image capture of my camera.

value of my variable (outside_snapshot_location_1) is: /Users/mike/Documents/CameraImages/outside_image1.jpg

If you are using a animated gif, change the extension to .gif.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 10.56.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 10.56.32 AM.png (478.16 KiB) Viewed 3445 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:14 am
norcoscia offline

Hi Mike, I wanted to let you know that I also disable the trigger for the gif creation for 5 seconds once it fires - I'm doing that because I'm not sure what happens if the trigger fires again and the first action is in the middle of writing the JPEG files to make the GIF?

Do you think that is a good idea or not necessary - also, can you tell me how many frames you end up with in your GIFs with a 5 sec and 10 second capture?

Thanks!!!!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:04 am
abplus offline

Thanks very much for the help everyone. Moving the captures to the local hdd has fixed it. Working perfectly :D

Cheers,

Andrew.

Posted on
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 am
vtmikel offline

norcoscia wrote:
Hi Mike, I wanted to let you know that I also disable the trigger for the gif creation for 5 seconds once it fires - I'm doing that because I'm not sure what happens if the trigger fires again and the first action is in the middle of writing the JPEG files to make the GIF?

Do you think that is a good idea or not necessary - also, can you tell me how many frames you end up with in your GIFs with a 5 sec and 10 second capture?

Thanks!!!!

Noticing that I didn't respond to this. Yes, you will want to delay the next action because the plugin wil need some time to complete the GIF creation.

Posted on
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:20 pm
norcoscia offline

No worries, happy holiday!

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1