Using 8 Channel Input to display in HomeKit

Posted on
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:59 pm
durosity offline

Re: Using 8 Channel Input to display in HomeKit

Yup! I've contacted the seller on eBay.. see what happens.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:40 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

durosity wrote:
So I got one of these boards the other day and I've been fiddling with it.. love the plugin.. works great the way you can have the same relays and what not reused on multiple devices. I'm a bit confused about the inputs section however and the manual I have for it is.. even more confusing. Could someone draw a quick diagram to show a basic setup because when trying it on mine no combination of connections seems to result in it detecting a sensor input. Does it support dry contacts like contact sensors with no power? I see there's a pin marked 5v.. does it require another power source?

The user manual with pictures and diagrams is here:
https://github.com/davidnewhall/indigo- ... ctions.pdf
(always has been) :P

The tl;dr is that you run the 5v out pin through a <external whatever switch> and then back into an input.

Posted on
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:43 pm
durosity offline

Haha thanks actually I meant to update that query earlier this morning.. just rebooting the board seemed to do the trick.. just didn't think about it last night at 1am, hehe! All working superbly now.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:56 am
Different Computers offline

Do I understand correctly that these ERB inputs just read open/closed state and require no power? Is it testing continuity, basically?

I've got wiring and a magnetic switch left over from a failed Insteon garage door opener, and I wonder if I need anything besides wiring the old magnetic switch to the inputs.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:02 pm
Colly offline

Colly wrote:
Not in front of mine now but think you need to loop the ground to the common of the inputs, one for each group of 4. So for my case where I used it on a standard alarm contact I connected one side to the ground terminal and the other to the input and hey presto I then had a door contact in Indigo :D

Hi DC,
They don't need an external power source, just loop the ground to the common inputs.

Posted on
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:05 pm

Returning to this after leaving it sitting for months. Funny how working from home will help find old abandoned projects.

Could someone with one of these ERBs set up as a garage door opener share a picture of how they have it wired? I've been unable to figure out how this works as anything besides a sensor. The sensor part I have uh... wired.

Posted on
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:38 pm
agame offline

warning on firmware versions

I sadly had one of my 8-channel relay boards (controlling garden lighting and irrigation) fried by what I assume to be a nearby lightning strike (a TV tuner and camera were also cooked).

I hooked up a spare board but now realise there must be different firmware versions...(cant see any version number sadly...). Although control of the relays works with the plugin, I spent hours on this before realising the UI is lacking the config page for the inputs....and that that the inputs cannot be monitored either on the device webpage or via the plugin (inputs can still be used to directly control the corresponding relay, but I was using one to monitor a rain sensor). If you lack the input page in the UI, don't try to use them!.

No sign of any firmware upgrade possibility....?

Edit: I've seen evidence of relays switching unexpectedly. Might steer clear of the older board altogether.