DomoPad plugin - device state change on inactivity

Posted on
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:18 pm
haychess offline

DomoPad plugin - device state change on inactivity

Hi

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a device state reflecting a lack of inactivity on a device running DomoPad?

For instance... The tablet running DomoPad has not been touched for 5 minutes, which then triggers a "Trigger" in Indigo telling the Domotics Pad Mobile Client plugin to call a specific Control Page on the tablet device.

Essentially, forcing the tablet to show a specified Control Page if there's been no activity for 5 minutes (ie. screensaver mode using an Indigo Control Page)

Hope that makes sense!

Posted on
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:41 am
howartp offline

Re: DomoPad plugin - device state change on inactivity

Isn’t that built in functionality in Domopad? It’s years since I used it as my tablet died but I thought it was there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:43 pm
RogueProeliator offline

For instance... The tablet running DomoPad has not been touched for 5 minutes, which then triggers a "Trigger" in Indigo telling the Domotics Pad Mobile Client plugin to call a specific Control Page on the tablet device.

You can somewhat accomplish this with the current setup -- there is no explicit inactivity state in Indigo, but there is a way around it:

Enable Dim Screen on Inactivity (and the length of time you want)
Set Allow Control Page Request to When Control Page is Dimmed

Any push requests to show a control page (your default page you want) will be ignored if the control page is active due to activity. So just schedule Indigo to push out a request every 5 or 10 minutes or whatever.

I've heard that request from a couple of people and when I start on the control pages for the next version will try to integrate it directly into the application.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:10 pm
haychess offline

Are those settings in the plugin or on the tablet software?

Posted on
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:53 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Are those settings in the plugin or on the tablet software?

In the application (on the tablet/phone)

Posted on
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 am
haychess offline

Followed your instructions... paired the tablet, adjusted settings as per your post.. set up a schedule to push a page every 1 minute... but it doesn't work.
Attachments
IMG_8539.JPG
IMG_8539.JPG (278.6 KiB) Viewed 4810 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:31 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Does it work if you change the control page setting to allow it to change control pages any time the application is open? If not, then you may be connected to the old notification server... the best way that people have found to ensure they are on the new is to uninstall the application and re-install. Haven't found a pattern as to which OS version or manufacturers seem to hold on to the old connection... but the easiest way to test is to see if you can push a control page any time the app is open.

Posted on
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:51 am
haychess offline

Wasted a good hour uninstalling / re-installing / re-setting up this app and it still does not work.

It's a brand new tablet that was just installed a few days ago so it already had the latest version of DomoPad on it.

Disappointing that there's no clear info on why this doesn't work.

Posted on
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:22 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Wasted a good hour uninstalling / re-installing / re-setting up this app and it still does not work.

It's a brand new tablet that was just installed a few days ago so it already had the latest version of DomoPad on it.

Are you having other problems getting it setup as it should take like 5 minutes to setup from scratch... though I wouldn't have suggested you do that if you had mentioned it was a new tablet that never would have been connected to the old system.

Do you get any push notifications at all from Indigo? Try with just a standard message first if you haven't already.

Posted on
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 pm
haychess offline

Do you mean push notifications to the tablet via the DomoPad plugin protocol? No - that does not work either.

DomoPad works fine for selecting Control Pages, controlling devices etc... it's just the communication side that is non-functional.

Posted on
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Do you mean push notifications to the tablet via the DomoPad plugin protocol? No - that does not work either.

That typically indicates one of three things:

1. Your tablet is not properly paired with an Indigo client device (clear the pairing ID in the device settings in Indigo and re-pair with it on the tablet)
2. Your tablet is blocked from the internet
3. Indigo is failing to contact/send the notification via Google's servers (in this case should see an error in the Indigo log when attempting to send the push notification)

Adam

Posted on
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:07 am
haychess offline

Adam, in response to your previous post:

1) I have had to re-pair this device every time I have re-installed the DomoPad client, and have verified that it is correctly paired.
2) My tablet is most certainly connected to the internet - I can access web content through the browser with no issues
3) I have no errors in the Indigo log regarding a failure to connect to the Google servers.

However I am seeing an error from Domotics Pad Mobile Client saying "ErrorReceived status update for unknown device with Pairing ID: zGlbEKUoyFdFr5AWXAGt"
- that particular pairing ID is not associated with any devices on my system, so I don't understand why it is polling a device with that ID?

Posted on
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:45 am
haychess offline

Ok - on investigating some more, for some reason my device will not download anything later than 1.9.1

It is a Fire HD 8. I noticed MR_ROBOT_ was reporting the same issue on his Fire HD 8 tablet.

Is there a way to force a 1.9.2 download? I have updated everything on my Fire tablet, restarted etc but it still won't see anything newer than 1.9.1

Posted on
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:17 am
RogueProeliator offline

However I am seeing an error from Domotics Pad Mobile Client saying "ErrorReceived status update for unknown device with Pairing ID: zGlbEKUoyFdFr5AWXAGt"
- that particular pairing ID is not associated with any devices on my system, so I don't understand why it is polling a device with that ID?

Domotics Pad Indigo Plugin does not do any polling -- this means that you have a devices with the Domotics Pad (Android) App thinking that it is paired and actively attempting to submit device updates to the server. Do you have more than one tablet?

When checking to see if the application is properly paired, are you doing so from the Fire Tablet (not the Indigo Server)?

Posted on
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:27 am
haychess offline

I have 4 FireHD8 tablets running at the moment, but only 2 that are paired.

It seems that none of them can download DomoPad 1.9.2.

1.9.1 is the only version that shows on the Play Store

Is there a way to manually download and install 1.9.2 ?