Action Groups not responding in Home app

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:43 pm
ryandenver offline

Action Groups not responding in Home app

Greetings

I'm trying to use Action Groups in HomeKit. I've tried adding them via HomeKitBridge and they do show up, but when I trigger them, they briefly show as on in the Home app and then turn off with no response from the lights in the Action Group. Am I missing something in the setup?

Thanks for any guidance.

Ryan

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:30 pm
Trwesq offline

Re: Action Groups not responding in Home app

I am experiencing the same issue that Ryan described. I am running Indigo 7.4 on an iMac withthe Catalina OS. Whe I start Home on an iOS device or Mac, all of the accessories added through HomeKit Bridge appear, but they all indicate “No Response”. On the “Home” tab of the Home app, it states, “No accessories responding.”

Thanks,

Ted

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:50 am
siclark offline

ryandenver wrote:
Greetings

I'm trying to use Action Groups in HomeKit. I've tried adding them via HomeKitBridge and they do show up, but when I trigger them, they briefly show as on in the Home app and then turn off with no response from the lights in the Action Group. Am I missing something in the setup?

Thanks for any guidance.

Ryan

Hi Ryan, This is expected behaviour in the Home app. The switch only briefly toggles on and then goes off again, as the action group isnt a device that is on. By toggling off it allows you to then trigger it again. Does anything show in your Indigo log when you do this? The swich in my Home app stays on for approx 1 second, then off. I then see the action group triggered in the log.

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:52 am
siclark offline

Trwesq wrote:
I am experiencing the same issue that Ryan described. I am running Indigo 7.4 on an iMac withthe Catalina OS. Whe I start Home on an iOS device or Mac, all of the accessories added through HomeKit Bridge appear, but they all indicate “No Response”. On the “Home” tab of the Home app, it states, “No accessories responding.”

Thanks,

Ted

Ted, this sounds like its something different. I do get this as well at times. Normally either a refresh of the Homekit bridge, its good to have an action group setup to do this, turn the Homekit bridge off then on again, or a full reload of the plugin normally resolves. Worst case sometimes you need to delete from Home app and set it up again.

Are you on the same local wifi as your apple tv or accessing remotely? It could be an issue with your atv?

Simon

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:15 am
Trwesq offline

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response. I am on the same local wifi for all devices. I will try a reload of the plugin as you suggested. If that does not work, how do you delete from the Home app? Do you mean delete the devices from the Bridge and reinstall them?

Thanks again,

Ted

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:27 am
siclark offline

I have action groups setup for both refreshing the bridge. using plugin action, and for restarting the plugin, makes admin easier when remote.

From the home page on the app. click edit, then you can see your bridge device(s). You can remove there in one go, then just readd it, although you will need to setup the rooms etc again.

There might be other steps to try inbetween that but setting up again in homekit usually works, although for more effort.

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:29 am
siclark offline

Or maybe try creating a new bridge device and putting a single device into that. If you can add that ok and it works, then you know the problem is with the main bridge setup, and you can remove from homekit and re-add.

If that doesnt work, maybe its another problem. You can also create a new house in Home app and try and add a new bridge to that, just to narrow down issues.

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:11 pm
Trwesq offline

Thank you, Simon. I shall give these a try and let you know how I do!

Ted

Page 1 of 1