Lost Speech through Sonos Line-Out

Posted on
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:10 am
Vangelis offline

Lost Speech through Sonos Line-Out

Things all went a bit weird after I upgraded to Mojave....

I was very back level on Mavericks (I think), everything was working fine and I was using the Sonos Plugin to do voice announcements around the house (via line-out). It all stopped working and I lost the Line-In part of my Connect (when reloading the Plugin, the logs showed the Connect being added, but not the Line-in part)

I thought this may have coincided with Sonos doing an upgrade as well that might have broken things, so I thought I should upgrade the OS on the Mac mini.

After everything was upgraded, I re-installed the Sonos plugin x.15 (I think) as it was running x.2 (which is weird). Everything was added just fine and I could see the Connect Line-In added also.

Trouble is when I execute the Trigger for voice announcements, the logs look all good, but there is no speech through the chosen Sonos device. Further tested it by playing music on the Sonos device then executing the Trigger. The music stops and I get nothing (for the duration of the announcement) and the music starts again. All volumes are on Max, but no output

Only other weird thing was the Mojave voice (under accessibility) looked a little corrupted as firing up a TERM and issuing say Hello, caused a failure. I reloaded 'Daniel' and the say command worked again.

Any ideas or test I can do?

Thanks,
Vangelis

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:44 am
Vangelis offline

Re: Lost Speech through Sonos Line-Out

Just to close this one out - It's all back and working now (after a reboot of the MAC and SONOS hardware). So will put this down to Gremlins.

Now I just need to fix why the MACs voice has changed sex? (even when defined under Accessibility)

Vangelis

Page 1 of 1