Everything's running, but nothing's working

Posted on
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:09 am
siclark offline

Re: Everything's running, but nothing's working

After I posted this, my phone battery died. After I restarted it I went into the Home app and could then see the new server waiting to be added. It was not there before. I then had to go through and delete all servers from the Home app and then reset them up.

All good for now, but I dont know what went wrong, or why it took my phone dying to get this working again.

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 am
Different Computers offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
So I would try creating a new HKB server and adding it to HomeKit and see what happens.

This did not work.

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I would also remove ONE server from HomeKit to see if you can add it back and if things work on that server..

I've removed my one, less populated bridge from the Home app and no change as of yet, but I'm doing this remotely and it might change when I get home.

But looking at the event long right now, I now see this:
Code: Select all
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Device line 3595: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'device' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'devicefiltered':

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Action line 3654: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'action' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'actionfiltered':
Last edited by Different Computers on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
I've removed my one, less populated bridge from the Home app and no change as of yet, but I'm doing this remotely and it might change when I get home.

Adding it back is the key on this one. I am curious if it shows as an available server and if it doesn't then change the user ID and see if that does it. Deleting it by itself likely won't resolve anything.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:59 am
Different Computers offline

We cross posted. please see above..

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:19 am
mrmatt68 offline

This post seems to have died. My Siri stopped working to control the home bridge devices but figured out if I renamed them in the HomeKit app and named back to original name that Siri would again control that device. Long story short I rebooted Mac and phones and several I devices in the house and nothing will connect again. I have managed to add a 2nd server and migrated the devices to new server and they are working in the app and with Siri. Do I remove the original home in iPhone app and try to add back or just remove the accessories then add those back or delete the original server and add that back with the same name? I have other works with apple devices so really want to get the original server working again if possible.

Posted on
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:45 am
DaveL17 offline

In the past, I've found that I've needed to turn off Siri completely, reboot the phone, turn Siri back on, and then wait for a little while so things could right themselves. I don't think this is a problem with the plugin, but a bug in Siri. I haven't had to take these steps for quite a while, and believe that it might be tied to a bug in older versions of iOS. That last bit is pure conjecture, though.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:35 pm
lwhitten offline

Re: Everything's running, but Have to Repeat Twice using Sir

I have Siri and the Mac app working sporadically. The Homekit Bridge works 100% when controlled directly by the Home app on either the watch or phone, but not by Siri or Mac. On those two devices, i basically have to repeat things 3 times:
Mac:
If lamp is ON, (1) I click once for OFF (stays ON, indicates OFF), (2) click again for ON (already ON, indicates ON), and then (3) click again for OFF (turns OFF, Indicates OFF). The same thing happens in reverse.

iPhone (Siri):
If lamp is ON, (1) I say OFF (stays ON, indicates OFF), (2) say ON (already ON, indicates ON), and then (3) say OFF (turns OFF, Indicates OFF). The same thing happens in reverse.

I have not gone to any extremes like reinstalling. Has anyone else seen/corrected this behavior. Indigo log does not indicate any errors, and only show commands that actually execute. It does not seem like the case where Siri does not send a command of the same state that it thinks device in in.