Factory Reset

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:33 pm
rapamatic offline

Factory Reset

Somehow my password seems to have gotten borked. I see a reset button the board, but I can't figure out how to do a factory reset. Anyone have any idea how to do that?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:38 pm
rapamatic offline

Re: Factory Reset

Well, I figured out the password issue - I had used a 9 character password, and it had silently only saved the first 8 characters... So I tried the first 8 characters of my password and that worked...

Hopefully this helps someone else with a future issue, and I'd still be curious about the ability to do a factory reset, but less important now!

Posted on
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

I really haven't a clue how to factory reset the thing.... :x

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 3:09 am
agame offline

I just got a new board and (whilst I've successfully configured three others) I can't see it on the network.
just curious whether anyone has figured out the reset sequence...one more thing to try...

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:18 am
Korey offline

agame wrote:
I just got a new board and (whilst I've successfully configured three others) I can't see it on the network.
just curious whether anyone has figured out the reset sequence...one more thing to try...

Seems you press the reset button while powering up..

Curious if you ever got to see the new unit on the network?

I am having issues with a new board, that is identical to my old one, (at least the PCB is identical and the web configuration seems the same)

I can see it thru a cheepo D-link 5 port switch connected to my Laptop, but when I put it into my Ubiquiti 48 Port switch, I can't see it?

I checked if it was blocked on the 48 port, nothing there, changed the Mac address and IP address multiple times, still no joy, I don't get it. :roll:

--
Korey

Posted on
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 am
chase offline

I am having issues with a new board, that is identical to my old one, (at least the PCB is identical and the web configuration seems the same)

I can see it thru a cheepo D-link 5 port switch connected to my Laptop, but when I put it into my Ubiquiti 48 Port switch, I can't see it?

I checked if it was blocked on the 48 port, nothing there, changed the Mac address and IP address multiple times, still no joy, I don't get it. :roll:

They ship this thing with a non registered MAC address prefix. ubnt switches seem to lock devices down with odd ball MACs. I changed the MAC on mine to a prefix that is recognized from a vendor ( found one on a MAC address vendor lookup site ) ( I think I used a tp link preface ha ha) and then the device was accessible.

Overall this board seems like it could be pretty sketchy but so far it is behaving its self. And it is reliable and responsive...

Best Practices remain to keep all cheap off brand junk locked down pretty tight in the network.

Posted on
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 pm
Korey offline

chase wrote:

They ship this thing with a non registered MAC address prefix. ubnt switches seem to lock devices down with odd ball MACs. I changed the MAC on mine to a prefix that is recognized from a vendor ( found one on a MAC address vendor lookup site ) ( I think I used a tp link preface ha ha) and then the device was accessible.

Overall this board seems like it could be pretty sketchy but so far it is behaving its self. And it is reliable and responsive...

Best Practices remain to keep all cheap off brand junk locked down pretty tight in the network.

That was the ticket!!

Thank you so much, I had changed the last couple of digits of the MAC address but that was not enough! putting in a known MAC worked.

:D :D

--
Korey

Posted on
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:23 pm
agame offline

Korey wrote:
agame wrote:

Seems you press the reset button while powering up..

I ultimately diagnosed that board as not behaving on the UBNT network....so I put it aside. I'll try the Mac address trick!

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:30 pm
agame offline

Korey wrote:

I ultimately diagnosed that board as not behaving on the UBNT network....so I put it aside. I'll try the Mac address trick!

Well I needed another set of relays so I gave this another go. After resetting MAC address to one base on a mainstream device, and setting a fixed IP on the device, I can see it with IP scanner and it works fine on the Unifi network with browser and Indigo.

BUT still cant see it on Unifi client list....

I'll see how it goes.

Edit: After manually defining the device on Unifi Controller, and after a long wait, it has showed up as a connected device. So apparently all good...

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:42 am
Different Computers offline

Is the bad behavior true when using a unifi router but not switches?

I've reset my 8 channel about 6 times now and it never shows up. Can't tell if Unifi is shutting it down, or it's not properly getting onto the right subnet.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:12 am

It does seem like that was the issue. Now that my Unifi Dream Machine thinks it's a Quirky wall wart device, it's all working!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 pm

Here's a little more info that you might want to add to the How To topic, which is locked:

The relays, as numbered in the web interface, are organized physically in a counterintuitive way. Relay 1 is on the far RIGHT of the board as you're looking at the relays with the wire mount points facing you, and relay 8 is on the far left.

Page 1 of 1