Lion , snowleopard and the dashboard widget...problem

Posted on
Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:49 am
Data offline

Lion , snowleopard and the dashboard widget...problem

Hello all, i have just bought a Lion macmini server and migrated from my old mac mini to that with a clean install and a Timemachine backup to the server.

Everything seems to be working fine, all the iphones and ipad's can connect with the server onlion , just like the RF remote's.

The only thing that i can't get working anymore is the dashboard widget on my SL mac's.

I looked up the new IP adress of the indigo server machine and set that up in the widget, checked the remote server button but all i get is error message's.

When i uncheck the remote server in the widget, the errors stop but then i see a list of devices i don't know, looks like default, but not my own list of devices.

I'm at a loss how to resolve this, the indigo touch software on the iDevices work normally with the same IP information and login name, but the widget just won't work.

1.3.2 is the version of the widget, i think thats the latest one.

Any help would be apreciated.

Data.

Posted on
Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:23 pm
discgolfer1138 offline

Re: Lion , snowleopard and the dashboard widget...problem

did you check to be sure that remote Apple Events are enabled on the new server? I'd also be sure that you have the most recent version of the widget (1.3.2). I also found a pile of console log errors referencing a missing Adobe Unit Type scripting library. That was remedied by downloading a fresh copy from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/516/cpsid_51615.html

If you're interested, I'm also thinking about some ideas for a new indigo widget, I've posted a few ideas in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5902&p=43363&hilit=unit+type#p43363

Indigo 6.1.0 | Mac Mini | OS 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
Fork Me on GitHub!

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:18 am
Data offline

Thank you very much, the remote event setting was not activated, i thought all the settings would be the same after i put back my Timemachine backup, but i think that one did not.

Everything is in working order again, thanks again.
Data.

Posted on
Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:53 pm
discgolfer1138 offline

Glad I could help :)

Indigo 6.1.0 | Mac Mini | OS 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
Fork Me on GitHub!

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:43 pm
Data offline

Hi again i am now at 10 13 on the server mac, and 10.14 on my main mac, and again i have trouble getting the indigo widget working , is this still the only way to ( next to a web page) to ctrl indigo from another mac in a lan network ? remote apple events is switched on :).

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Data wrote:
Hi again i am now at 10 13 on the server mac, and 10.14 on my main mac, and again i have trouble getting the indigo widget working , is this still the only way to ( next to a web page) to ctrl indigo from another mac in a lan network ? remote apple events is switched on :).

Control how? You can run the Indigo client on another Mac and control the server. Just run the Indigo installer and use the custom install option to just install the client.

Widgets are dead. ;)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:52 pm
kw123 offline

I believe you need to run the same indigo versions in the client (remote) as on the server.

It’s a little confusing how to install the client.
It is the same program you need to run as for the server install.

Then start indigo on the client and connect to remote server( need to enter ip #)

Karl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

kw123 wrote:
It’s a little confusing how to install the client.

Actually, it's pretty simple: on the client Mac (not the server), run the Indigo installer and when you see the Options or Customize button, click that and deselect everything except the Indigo Mac Client.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:05 pm
DaveL17 offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Widgets are dead. ;)

R.I.P. the dashboard. I use it all the time. I have an Indigo control page widget that I use to control some of my more common stuff and a weather radar widget that I look at routinely.

One of the things I have on my long range development plans is to learn how to write a Notification Center widget. I'd be starting from ground zero on that, though.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:
Widgets are dead. ;)

R.I.P. the dashboard. I use it all the time. I have an Indigo control page widget that I use to control some of my more common stuff and a weather radar widget that I look at routinely.

One of the things I have on my long range development plans is to learn how to write a Notification Center widget. I'd be starting from ground zero on that, though.

I actually still used them quite a lot. I had various ones with control pages loaded into them for quick access to security camera feeds, controls, status.. all useful things..

Perhaps konfabulator will get a new life..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1