Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:47 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Sure.

However, that model is the Philips model number, almost certainly not the actual "model ID" used by the Hue system to distinguish that type of light from another. Once you've paired that light with your Hue bridge, I'd need to know the exact model ID that shows up in the Hue app when viewing detailed light information. It'll probably be something like "LCF004" or something similar. Until I have that, I won't be able to properly add support.

Regards,
Nathan

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:15 pm
danalwebb offline

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for all your work on the Hue plugin. It's been incredibly useful in my mixed environment of 200+ devices. I've never had a problem with any of the Hue bulbs but recently I added an outdoor motion sensor and the plugin started throwing these errors (debug enabled):

Code: Select all
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting updateSensorsList.
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting parseAllHueSensorsData.
   Hue Lights                      received "Exterior.Sensor.Motion.Pool_Windows" status update is off
   Hue Lights Debug                updateDeviceState: Updating device Exterior.Sensor.Motion.Pool_Windows state: onOffState. Old value = False. New value = None
   Error                           LowLevelBadParameterError -- device value type for state key onOffState must be bool

I thought that I saw that you had added device support for this sensor but perhaps I have somehow introduced a unique problem into the mix.

Your thoughts?

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:01 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Thanks for the report. Yep. I did add support for that motion sensor. I'm using 2 of them myself and haven't seen that error before. I'll look through the motion sensor parsing code to see if I can find any oversights. Have you tried deleting the device in Indigo and re-creating it?

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 pm
danalwebb offline

Yes, I deleted the device and created a new instance:
Code: Select all
 Hue Lights                      received "new device 3" status update is off
   Error                           LowLevelBadParameterError -- device value type for state key onOffState must be bool

Just of note, I am using the Alexa/Hue bridge plugin as well (thinking this might be a complexity) but never saw this error before until I tried adding the outdoor motion sensor. I am using the most recent version of your plugin (v1.7.5) and have tried all of the common steps like disabling/reloading the plugin and hub configuration. Over the years I've encountered a few Indigo hiccups and fixed them but this one has me stumped.

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:32 pm
nsheldon offline

That's really odd.

Have you tried disabling the Alexa/Hue plugin to see if that is somehow interfering?

Posted on
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:51 pm
danalwebb offline

Nothing I've tried solves the problem thus far (including disabling other plugins like the Alexa/Hue Bridge). I checked the firmware and it reports up-to-date:

Outdoor Motion Sensor
SML002 | 6.11.27575

Bridge
BSB002 | 1932126170

Time to dive into the code, I guess...

Posted on
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:40 pm
nsheldon offline

Yep. I’ll start hunting. I’ll let you know what I find.

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:23 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.6 Posted

• Fixed bug that would cause errors if a motion sensor was disabled in the Hue bridge. The plugin will now show a "disabled" error state for sensors that are turned off on the Hue bridge.

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:28 am
nsheldon offline

So this error was the result of the Hue Lights plugin not properly handling sensor state information when the sensor is turned off within the Hue app (i.e. switched off on the bridge itself). When the sensor is switched off in the Hue app/bridge, the bridge sets the "presence" status to "null" and never updates the sensor status. So, be sure to turn on the sensor in your Hue app if you want it to work. The Hue Lights plugin as of version 1.7.6 now correctly recognizes this condition and shows a "disabled" error status in red for any motion sensor that is turned off in the Hue bridge.

danalwebb wrote:
Nothing I've tried solves the problem thus far (including disabling other plugins like the Alexa/Hue Bridge). I checked the firmware and it reports up-to-date:

Outdoor Motion Sensor
SML002 | 6.11.27575

Bridge
BSB002 | 1932126170

Time to dive into the code, I guess...

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:45 pm
danalwebb offline

All of my Hue devices are functioning perfectly now (including the motion detector). Great work Nathan and thanks again for this incredibly useful plugin! :D :D :D

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:57 pm
nsheldon offline

Great! Glad that fixed it.

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:14 am
bbruck offline

Duplicate Hue scenes on Hue bridge

I have had my Hue lights for a few years, and have controlled them through a number of different generations of iPhones, apps, etc. The plugin now loads 83 different scenes, and references 12 scene creators, including 4 from my current iPhone 7, many from previous iPhones I no longer own, SmartThings poll, etc.

Even when I pick the Hue 3 App on iPhone 7 (the app and phone I use), I see dozens of scenes, all of which are duplicates of the default Hue scenes.

To use the Indigo recall scene command, I need to click select each of the iterations of the desired scene in the Scene dropdown until I finally find one that shows lights in the Lights Affected box.

I think the scenes are stored in the Hue Bridge itself, but I can't figure out how to delete them without a hard reset which would necessitate reloading all 18 lights - some of which cannot be found unless i use a special low-level app from Hue that is a huge PIA.

When I first upgraded from my Hue 1 bridge to the current one, the transfer seemed to only transfer a small number of scenes, but I suspect one of these scene creators may have sneaked the other old unused ones into the bridge???

Anyway - can you assist in helping me get rid of the other scene creators and unused scenes?

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:35 am
bbruck offline

Failed to load

I'm getting the following message every minute or so:
Hue Lights Error Failed to load sensors list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.43 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.

When I reload the plugin, or reload the config, I see:
Jul 26, 2019 at 7:34:31 AM
Hue Lights Loaded 18 lights.
Hue Lights Loaded 10 groups.
Hue Lights Loaded 83 scenes.
Hue Lights Loaded 1 sensor.

But then after a few minutes I get the error again. To my knowledge, I have no Hue sensors. I simply have a number of lights.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:32 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Re: Failed to load

bbruck wrote:
I'm getting the following message every minute or so:
Hue Lights Error Failed to load sensors list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.43 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.

When I reload the plugin, or reload the config, I see:
Jul 26, 2019 at 7:34:31 AM
Hue Lights Loaded 18 lights.
Hue Lights Loaded 10 groups.
Hue Lights Loaded 83 scenes.
Hue Lights Loaded 1 sensor.

But then after a few minutes I get the error again. To my knowledge, I have no Hue sensors. I simply have a number of lights.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue. I unplug and replug my physical Hue hub and then restart the plugin and then it works for a little while. Then same error.

Posted on
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:43 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Duplicate Hue scenes on Hue bridge

Hello.

bbruck wrote:
... I think the scenes are stored in the Hue Bridge itself, but I can't figure out how to delete them without a hard reset which would necessitate reloading all 18 lights - some of which cannot be found unless i use a special low-level app from Hue that is a huge PIA.

When I first upgraded from my Hue 1 bridge to the current one, the transfer seemed to only transfer a small number of scenes, but I suspect one of these scene creators may have sneaked the other old unused ones into the bridge???

Anyway - can you assist in helping me get rid of the other scene creators and unused scenes?

Yes. All scenes are on the Hue bridge. The Hue Lights plugin does not create scenes on the bridge and doesn't save or cache any scenes on the Indigo server. Yes, I know what you're talking about with regard to the numerous duplicate scenes. That's the main reason I created the feature to show which lights are affected by a scene because, during development, I found that there were a bunch of "junk" scenes and there's no way for the plugin to know which one you actually want. I don't know what creates those duplicates, but I suspect it's either the Hue app itself or something to do with HomeKit integration (so there's a scene of the same name for each room). Either way, there's nothing I can do about them and I have no way of removing the scenes. Sorry I couldn't help more with that.

Page 70 of 103 1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 103