Problems adding I/O Linc

Posted on
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Problems adding I/O Linc

Plugged it in at a temporary location near a computer.

Pressed "New..." button, selected INSTEON. Got the Define device dialog. Pressed the Set button on the side of the I/O Linc. Got the module information, then eventually timed out.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all
  PowerLinc                       Linking - entered discovery linking mode (240 seconds)

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:21:41 PM
   PowerLinc                       Linking - received module button pressed from 50.4C.4D
   PowerLinc                       Linking - syncing PowerLinc links (address 31.18.2B)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - . . adding: INSTEON plc link to controller 50.4C.4D, flags 03, group 01, data 00 00 FF
   PowerLinc                       Linking - sync complete
   PowerLinc                       Linking - PowerLinc links updated
   PowerLinc                       Linking - sending engine version request to 50.4C.4D
   PowerLinc                       Linking - received engine version 02 from 50.4C.4D
   PowerLinc                       Linking - sending id request for device information to 50.4C.4D
   PowerLinc                       Linking - received id request response from 50.4C.4D
   PowerLinc                       Linking - initializing remote device "new device" (address 50.4C.4D, firmware version 41)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - .  reading: configuration settings
   PowerLinc                       Linking - . . . read: configuration settings 42
   PowerLinc                       Linking - initialize complete
   PowerLinc                       Linking - syncing remote device "new device" (address 50.4C.4D, firmware version 41)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - syncing all links
   PowerLinc                       Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to controller 31.18.2B, flags A2, group FE, data FF 00 00
   Error                           failed to fetch data from remote module
   Error                           Linking - syncing failed
   Error                           linking failed

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Problems adding I/O Linc

Try factory resetting it then DnS again.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:34 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Took two more tried, but it finally succeeded.

Waiting until tomorrow to go into the attic to install it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:
Waiting until tomorrow to go into the attic to install it.

Or, November. November is a good month to go into the attic!

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 pm
FlyingDiver offline

jay (support) wrote:
Or, November. November is a good month to go into the attic!

Can't wait that long. This is getting connected to a float switch in our main HVAC overflow pan. We've had shutdowns twice in three weeks because the drain pipe clogged and the pan filled up. They just installed a condensate pump to force the water out, but I want to know if the pan's filling up without waiting for the unit to shut down.

Just yet another issue caused by the original HVAC contractor for this house, who was clueless. The drain pipe for this unit has about 50' of horizontal run, with at least 2 90-degree turns, and less than 6" of rise before it turns downward at the outer wall...

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Wow, sounds very familiar. When we built our previous house, the AC contractor didn't even connect an outflow pipe to the overflow pan (apparently because they couldn't actually get a drain pipe from the installation location outside without a complete redesign). So, when it started filling up it drained down the wall and ruined our large screen TV and required a bunch of drywall replacement. They had also failed to install the float switch to turn the units off in case of backup and the other pipe had hardly any rise so it would also have backed up. Our builder quickly dropped them after all of our problems.

I also installed 2 IOLincs with water sensors (one in each drip pan as we had 2 units) to notify us whenever we started getting backups. We fought those systems for the entire 13 years we lived in that house and had to end up buying a shopvac so we could manually empty the drain pans when they started backing up - usually a couple of times a summer.

Our current house only has 1 zoned unit, but I immediately installed one of the IOLincs from the old house when we moved in just to mitigate this sort of issue. Also installed one in the hot water heater overflow which is in the attic of this house as well.

So, yeah, I totally sympathize with ya here.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1