A few Catalina Notes

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:22 pm
jltnol offline

A few Catalina Notes

So I installed the beta version of Catalina just to see what it looks like and what is working and not working. The OS is nice. A lot of graphics have been updated, and it looks more "modern". A lot of things are the same, and some things have just been moved. As we've all been told before, the client side of Indigo runs perfectly on Catalina... I haven't run across anything that seemed "broken". I have not and will not try to install the server, as I know it won't work.

One issue I did run into was with the new Music App. I have the Apple Remote App on my iOS device, and am able to control iTunes in Mojave. But I can't use the Remote App to control Music in Catalina. There simply isn't the remote "button" to click on to enter the authorization code from the Remote App to link the iOS app and iTunes. And likewise, I can't link Indigo and the Music app for the same reasons. I'm going to report this to Apple, but not sure if they will fix it. So for those of use who use Indigo and iTunes, this is just one more thing to be aware of BEFORE you upgrade!

But this is beta... not going to worry about it 'til it's released.

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:37 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: A few Catalina Notes

Thanks for the evaluation.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to a more appropriate forum since it's not really about home automation or Indigo.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:06 am
Different Computers offline

I'm running Catalina on a remote machine at work, one I use to VPN into my home network.

One edge case that maybe isn't so edge for those of us running Indigo is that Safari in Catalina will NOT honor instructions to trust an unsigned SSL certificate. This comes up because I have SSL turned on for my cameras. Safari presents a "this might not be the site you think it is" dialog as it has for a while, but when I click "visit this website" and authenticate, it fails to load and returns to the "this might not be the site" dialog. This works in previous versions of Safari/the OS.

I've filed a feedback report about this.

Firefox works fine. I avoid Chrome, so no idea if that will work.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:18 am
Unklmarty offline

So I was running the original Catalina beta and Indigo 7.4 with no problems, last night I upgraded to Catalina public beta 1 and Indigo no longer recognizes the PLM in the wall. I have reset restarted unplugged plugged in tried all the tricks, still no connection with the 2413U. Any ideas?

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:08 am
FlyingDiver offline

Unklmarty wrote:
So I was running the original Catalina beta and Indigo 7.4 with no problems, last night I upgraded to Catalina public beta 1 and Indigo no longer recognizes the PLM in the wall. I have reset restarted unplugged plugged in tried all the tricks, still no connection with the 2413U. Any ideas?

Why are you running the public beta when the official release came out this week?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:16 am
autolog offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
... Why are you running the public beta when the official release came out this week?

There's a new beta (released yesterday) - https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/11/apple-seeds-macos-catalina-10-15-1-beta-1/ :)

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 am
FlyingDiver offline

autolog wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:
... Why are you running the public beta when the official release came out this week?

There's a new beta (released yesterday) - https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/11/apple-seeds-macos-catalina-10-15-1-beta-1/ :)

Right, that's 10.15.1 beta. Not the "public beta" which was out before Catalina shipped. Maybe just mis-named.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:43 pm
Unklmarty offline

Wow what a ride with Apple. Finally after 1 hr. 40 minutes we were able to get the beta software off my MAC and reinstall a clean Catalina. All is well in my Indigo universe again. Apple support was confused buy the fact that my iMac would not load public released Catalina but only beta versions, even though I had removed my Apple ID from the Apple beta program and software update claimed I was up to date. The only issue I have now is Apple photos won't open my 670 GB photo library claiming it needs to be opened with a newer version of Photos. btw I have the newest version of Photos, ver 5. But that's not an Indigo issue. Like I said ALL is well with Indigo 7.4 (90+devices) running Catalina (10.15) on a 2017 iMac. Yipee!!

Page 1 of 1