SecuritySpy v5

Posted on
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:45 pm
shapa offline

SecuritySpy v5

First of all, 10x a lot for the brilliant plugin - using a lot

v5 released, works fine but I had to add " BBVS/5.0" version to the core.py to recognize the server :)

It would be nice in case you'll update it officially.

Posted on
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:09 pm
agame offline

Re: SecuritySpy v5

version 5 adds object recognition for people and cars, without cloud interaction. do you know if detection events are exposed as categorised events (rather than just generic motion)? Would be great if they were (but presumably a further tweak to the plugin would be required)

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:26 am
durosity offline

agame wrote:
version 5 adds object recognition for people and cars, without cloud interaction. do you know if detection events are exposed as categorised events (rather than just generic motion)? Would be great if they were (but presumably a further tweak to the plugin would be required)

That’s what I’m hoping for.. the ability to recognise a human in a room would make inactivity triggers much better.. and same goes for cars on the driveway, etc.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:27 am
FlyingDiver offline

agame wrote:

I just checked with Ben at SecuritySpy. The interface the plugin uses does not provide any differentiation on motion event types. So no, you can't do this yet.

He says he'll probably add it in the next release. But then the plugin will still need to be updated to expose the new motion events.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:52 am
durosity offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
agame wrote:

I just checked with Ben at SecuritySpy. The interface the plugin uses does not provide any differentiation on motion event types. So no, you can't do this yet.

He says he'll probably add it in the next release. But then the plugin will still need to be updated to expose the new motion events.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking.. fingers crossed that’ll be fairly soon. I’ve been playing with the sensitivity today and I’ve now got it to the point where it’s almost 100% accurate.. so I could theoretically change triggers for turning off lights down to minutes instead of hours. This is gonna be gooooooood!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:01 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Give me a few days. (A few more - this is July 4 weekend.) Ben surprised me a bit there. :-)

I've started to work with him on getting hookups for the new "AI" stuff. He's very helpful, so we should be able to cook something up that works well.

The current image classifier in SecuritySpy 5 is fixed (it basically recognizes "people" and "cars"), so that's all we're going to get in the short run - you'll be able to know if it saw a person or a car, but not who it was.

Ben says he's looking into additional improvements. Cats and dogs might work (but the people who sent him recordings don't have a lot of those to train from). Actual human face recognition is a possibility but I am to impress upon you that this is not a promise, just a possibility. :-)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:53 pm
agame offline

great! (July 4...oh is that queens' birthday weekend?? :wink: )
I see from Ben's web interface spec that the event feed does now provide both the event classification and probability score for humans and cars. Exposing those to Indigo in triggers opens a world of possibilities. Not least, for me, getting rid of some outdoor motion/beam-break sensors that love to pick up irrelevant movement from passing kangaroos etc.

Posted on
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:34 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Yeah, he just cooked a beta for me that has this new stuff in it. I think he's updating that interface spec in real time as he works, and it'll probably change a few more times as we work this out.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:07 pm
agame offline

I shall await with anticipation then lol.

Posted on
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:15 am
durosity offline

Perry The Cynic wrote:
Ben says he's looking into additional improvements. Cats and dogs might work (but the people who sent him recordings don't have a lot of those to train from).

If you want tell Ben I’ve got 6 cats so he’s more than welcome to some footage from me if it helps.

Also thanks for getting on it so soon.. one thing I might ask is see if it’s plausible to get it to work with the “Occupancy” sensor option on Colorado4Wheeler’s most amazing homebridge plugin. I already use this to great effect with pressure sensors under the mattress on my bed, so I’d expect I’d be able to do even more with it in the rooms that have cameras in them (the bedroom doesn’t have a camera in it... )

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm
roussell offline

durosity wrote:
(the bedroom doesn’t have a camera in it... )

...that you know about...

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:43 pm
durosity offline

roussell wrote:
durosity wrote:
(the bedroom doesn’t have a camera in it... )

...that you know about...

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah the bedrooms clear.. the loos on the other hand..

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:55 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Cynical SecuritySpy version 2.4.0 (just released) supports SecuritySpy 5.0.1. It should work exactly like with SecuritySpy 4, except that if you enable the "AI" image recognition settings for motion detection, it will use that to trigger motion events in Indigo.

You need version 5.0.1 of SecuritySpy (released 7/16). This plugin won't work (right) with the original 5.0.0 version.

Version 2.4.0 doesn't yet give you insight into image recognition details like confidence levels. I'll add that in a future version. Don't get your hopes up too much; right now, SecuritySpy has a fixed notion of "people" and "cars", and that's all it tells us about.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:40 pm
durosity offline

SecuritySpy v5

Perry The Cynic wrote:
Version 2.4.0 doesn't yet give you insight into image recognition details like confidence levels. I'll add that in a future version. Don't get your hopes up too much; right now, SecuritySpy has a fixed notion of "people" and "cars", and that's all it tells us about.

Cheers
-- perry

For the next version could you please please pretty please with a cherry on top add a custom state for “human detected” = yes/no and “time since last human detection” = X? That’d just make so many of my triggers like 10x more useful..

If you do this I’ll give you my share of Jays house!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:45 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

durosity wrote:
For the next version could you please please pretty please with a cherry on top add a custom state for “human detected” = yes/no and “time since last human detection” = X? That’d just make so many of my triggers like 10x more useful..

If you do this I’ll give you my share of Jays house!

What would y'all want to do with this? Give me some concrete examples to get my juices going... :-)

The problem with all "time since" properties is that they need to be continually updated (because time flies), so that's a constant load on Indigo's processing even when nothing (more) happens. (One answer would be to have a "when it happened" timestamp and some fancyl sugar to make "is it five minutes after that yet" fire a trigger...)

I've been playing with the idea of generalizing the Switch Control device (in Cynical Behaviors) so it can represent presence. This device already has a "time after" feature (to turn the target device back off). Would that work for your situation?

Human detected belongs into the event specification, I think, not into device state. I've played with having a "results of last vision evaluation" state, but it's inherently racy when you have multiple event triggers on a camera, since Indigo doesn't pass any results to a firing event (Hint, hint...) and at times it takes awfully long for a trigger action to execute because Indigo serializes everything on the server.

Gotta think about this some more.

Cheers
-- perry