What to do about Apple's 'Not Optimized for your Mac' warnin

Posted on
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:18 am
iammac offline

What to do about Apple's 'Not Optimized for your Mac' warnin

My Mac Mini is running 10.14 and I have noticed an OSX system warning dialog popping up to notify me that Indigo is not optimised and warning about it being an incompatible app. I believe my computer is warning me about 32 bit apps as Apple plan to only support 64 bit apps in future.

It would appear that Apple is hoping that by drawing attention to the compatibility issue it will encourage developers to get 64-bit versions of their apps ready.

Please can you tell me if this is on the Indigo roadmap?

Posted on
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:28 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: What to do about Apple's 'Not Optimized for your Mac' wa

I'm not going to bother to search for the posts, but the Indigo developers have stated multiple times that a 64-bit version is in the works and will be released before Apple actually disables 32-bit apps.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

lanbrown wrote:
The reason is simple, when they move to 64-bit it deals with AppleScript support which will remain 32-bit only. Matt and Jay also said they have a 64-bit version of the current Indigo running (just not released). They are just giving as much time as possible to those that still have AppleScript requirements to move to Python.

Exactly right. When we release the 64-bit server, AppleScript support will end. We will release a64-bit (64bit to help with forum searches) server before Apple requires it.

lanbrown wrote:
You will see no benefits of a 64bit version of Indigo unless it takes a lot of RAM (more than your system has) or has a need to create files larger than 4GB.

Yep. Basically, Apple FUD.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:28 pm
Ramias offline

Figured you all would be on top of things.

Saw this today on upgrading to 10.14.3 (I know, live by the sword, die by the sword).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Is there a query I can run to see if I have any AppleScripts in my Indigo environment?

Posted on
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:48 pm
spiv offline

Now that it is official that macOS Catalina with require all 64-bit apps, does your statement "we will release a 64bit version before Apple requires it" mean you will be releasing before the estimated September release of macOS Catalina?

Posted on
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, we will be releasing a version of Indigo that is 100% 64 bit (and doesn't support AppleScript) before Catalina is officially released.

Posted on
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:57 am
DaveL17 offline

matt (support) wrote:
Yes, we will be releasing a version of Indigo that is 100% 64 bit (and doesn't support AppleScript) before Catalina is officially released.

Just a quick note to say that the Indigo Client (7.3) against Catalina Beta Version 10.15 (19A501i) appears stable so far (old MacBook Pro mid 2012.)

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:08 am
pjeski offline

Is there anything that can be done to ensure Indigo Server starts up unattended in the mean time?

Posted on
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

pjeski wrote:
Is there anything that can be done to ensure Indigo Server starts up unattended in the mean time?

AFAIK, it should only ask this once, and once you click yes (or whatever confirmation it is), it won't ask again. If it's asking you every time you reboot, something else is wrong.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:16 pm
FlyingDiver offline

jay (support) wrote:
AFAIK, it should only ask this once, and once you click yes (or whatever confirmation it is), it won't ask again. If it's asking you every time you reboot, something else is wrong.

My experience is that the confirmation popup seems to randomly re-appear. I occasionally get it for apps that I know I've already confirmed. Gotta be a MacOS bug of some sort.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:
My experience is that the confirmation popup seems to randomly re-appear. I occasionally get it for apps that I know I've already confirmed. Gotta be a MacOS bug of some sort.

That's possible I suppose. I've never seen the prompt for the Indigo Server more than once any of the Macs I've used (4 total in my house, 2 at family member's homes).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:14 pm
peszko offline

I get prompted once in a while. I haven't notice any pattern. But I know I have confirmed Indigo at least several times.

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:48 am
Dual offline

A few times here too. One was earlier tonight after a system update that required a restart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:15 am
DaveL17 offline

Untested, and based on the comment thread may or may not work depending on your individual situation.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/324139/how-to-suppress-alert-this-app-is-not-optimized-for-your-mac

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:31 am
pjeski offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Untested, and based on the comment thread may or may not work depending on your individual situation.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/324139/how-to-suppress-alert-this-app-is-not-optimized-for-your-mac

Thanks, Dave, I'll look into that as soon as I get a chance.

I've seen it a few times, very random. Very inconvenient when it happens when I'm out of town.