Recurring error and memory leak

Posted on
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:08 am
siclark offline

Recurring error and memory leak

Hi,

I have been having problems with my setup for a few weeks, and edited all my bridges a few days ago and they all started working again. However they stopped after a reboot and I cant get them to start again.

This is the error I get when I try to do the menu advanced options, and when I VNCd to my server mac mini (normally admin through iMac) I saw that the HKB plugin was using 4GB of RAM.

Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runDialogForMenuAction() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Do you know what might be causing this?

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:15 am
siclark offline

Re: Recurring error and memory leak

Just seen the memory has blown out again.
Attachments
HKB RAM issue.jpg
HKB RAM issue.jpg (356.56 KiB) Viewed 1664 times

Posted on
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:21 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I have no idea why accessing a menu would throw those errors or how the plugin can take 4GB of memory. It will grow over time but you are implying the instant you start it up it goes to 4GB and I have no clue. The fact that a very simple menu option blows up may indicate a problem outside of HKB, you may try restarting Indigo or your computer entirely.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:35 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

When you're getting this error, do menus on any other plugins still work or do you get similar errors?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:17 pm
siclark offline

It's happened several times now that I've seen, and probably more where I've remotely restarted it without realising what the problem was.
It doesn't immediately get to that size but can do over many hours, not days. In that time none of the bridges start and don't respond to start commands at least nothing appears in indigo log suggesting anything is going on

@matt yes every other plugin works as normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:14 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

siclark wrote:
@matt yes every other plugin works as normal

Ok, so if all other plugin menus work correctly then the problem isn't server communication.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:06 pm
siclark offline

It happened again yesterday. I killed the process in Activity Monitor and then restarted the plugin in Indigo. As soon as it came up all the bridges failed to start. I rebuilt the folders and the bridges then came up, Except everything was showing not responding in Homekit. Today I removed everything from the Home app and added it again, putting >100 devices into correct rooms, and trying to remember what were my favourites. However its all working now, and after 24 hours, memory use is only 154MB.

My new Mac Mini arrives in a week which I am hoping will magically solve all my issues!

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:18 pm
DVDDave offline

Hi siclark,

I don't know if you still have this problem but I was experiencing something similar with memory growth and CPU utilization as well. It turns out my MagicHome device, which uses the FluxLED plugin, was triggering the problem probably because of an excessive amount of status updates. Do you happen to use the FluxLED plugin with any of your devices. Thanks.

--Dave

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:10 am
siclark offline

Hi. That's for the thought but no I don't. I have some chatty plugins but as it's random I don't see them being the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1