How to turn some HKB Cameras on/off

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:21 am
jalves offline

How to turn some HKB Cameras on/off

From an earlier post in this section I learned that the way HKB plugin deals with cameras is a bit different from other devices. I'm looking for a quick and easy way to turn off certain cameras (turn off as in stop the feed to the Home app) at various times. By way of background, my HKB setup is that I have a separate "HKB device" for different types of Indigo devices. So, all my Indigo lights are in a HKB device called "HomeKit Lights", while all my fans are in a HKB device "HomeKit Fans", etc.

My cameras are monitored by Security Spy running on the same machine that Indigo runs. I use Cynical Security Spy plug-in to access them in Indigo. When I added my cameras to HKB I initially put them all in one "HomeKit Camera" device. Everything works fine like that and I can see them in the Home app on all my devices.. But after a while I realized that there were some times where I would like to disable the inside cameras. So I decided I'd simply create a new HKB device "HomeKit Inside Cameras" and rename the old one "HomeKit Outside Cameras". I then removed the inside cameras from the renamed (outside) device and added them to the new (inside) device. That way I could simply turn off the inside device when I didn't want those cameras viewable in the Home app. Well, for some reason it doesn't seem to work like that. I can turn off the inside HKB device in Indigo but the cameras still keep updating. Only when I also turn off the outside HKB device do the cameras stop updating, but of course that means that the ones I still want active are not updating.

So, the question is, how do I re-group the cameras so that I can turn off only the inside cameras without affecting the outside ones? Do I need to totally remove both HKB devices and start over?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:53 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: How to turn some HKB Cameras on/off

Cameras are in limbo at the moment because the technology driving the ability to use camera feeds was changed and so far there isn't a working method (to my knowledge) to get them up again. It's on the list to be investigated further.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:19 pm
michaelzoradi offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Cameras are in limbo at the moment because the technology driving the ability to use camera feeds was changed and so far there isn't a working method (to my knowledge) to get them up again. It's on the list to be investigated further.

Sorry, but kinda confused here... @jalves says that their cameras from SecuritySpy do come through the HKB plugin in Indigo but @Colorado4Wheeler says that cameras are not supported...?

@Colorado4Wheeler, possible to get confirmation on this? I'm very much hoping to get my SecuritySpy cameras into HomeKit via your HKB plugin. I am able to add the bridge in the Home app but the cameras don't come along for the ride (even though they've been added to Indigo via the Cynical Security Spy plugin and have been selected for inclusion in the HKB). It doesn't seem this functionality has been removed from the plugin but it also doesn't seem to work. Not annoyed just curious what I should be expecting (or possible something in my configuration is incorrect).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! :)

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:25 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

michaelzoradi wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler says that cameras are not supported.

I didn't say that. Cameras have been supported since nearly the get-go but broke for reasons unknown. The reasons may now be known because after this thread mine began working again.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:24 pm
michaelzoradi offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I didn't say that. Cameras have been supported since nearly the get-go but broke for reasons unknown. The reasons may now be known because after this thread mine began working again.

So sorry for the misquote! I misunderstood when you said that cameras were in limbo and hadn't seen the newer threads you linked to (so much good info on these forums but they can sometimes be hard to follow) :D

Super excited to hear that cameras are working again! (Hopefully the changes coming in iOS 13 around HomeKit Secure Video don't cause more issues...) I'll follow your steps from the post below tonight and see if I can get them working. :)

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=22522&p=177981#p177981

Page 1 of 1