Blue Iris 5.x

Posted on
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:55 pm
roussell offline

Re: Blue Iris 5.x

Thanks for the heads-up! Hopefully they'll update the UI, it's one of the few things I don't like about Blue Iris.

Terry

Posted on
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:18 pm
roussell offline

Yep, I'm a fan of ui3, I use the browser interface almost exclusively, unless of course I need to do some administrative stuff. I just checked and I'm not v5 eligible either, Kinda stinks since I've only had it since December. I wonder if the 4.x --> 5.x upgrade price will be cheaper than just buying a new 4x license and being grandfathered into the upgrade?

I guess I need to dig around on the forums some, I've been avoiding them because the few times I was on there the spam was so back I got tired of trying to find actual posts.

Terry

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:14 am
roussell offline

Just to follow up, I purchased the extended support for $29.95 and it did in fact make me version 5 eligible. Thanks again for the heads-up!

Terry
Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.12.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.12.33 AM.png (10.17 KiB) Viewed 4902 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Thanks Guys,

Good to know - looks like I'm eligible for upgrade as well.

I'll be updating to v5 as soon as available, and am around so should hopefully be able to sort out any/all Plugin issues pretty quickly,

I'll post a new thread when all good!

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:21 pm
GlennNZ offline

Ok.
Thanks.
Sorry away at the moment - but can look at in in 6-7 days or so.

Until then - pay to not upgrade I suspect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:47 pm
GlennNZ offline

Ok
Probably changed some of the reported information in the json - may be a quick fix - or may not be!
Won’t know until back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:53 pm
GlennNZ offline

lanbrown wrote:
Blue Iris has had three minor release updates since it was released on May 31st. So far, those releases haven't restored full functionality from the plugin.

Thanks
Back soon to sort out - just 21 hrs of flights to go!

Posted on
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:07 pm
GlennNZ offline

lanbrown wrote:
If you don't want to mess your instance up, just let me know what you need off of mine.

Thanks - probably just need a couple of debug runs through the main devices and then the cameras.
Something has changed in the json supplied. If easy or just a rename might be able to fix remotely.

Obviously I’ll need to upgrade - but nice to have old version to compare changes to.
Thanks
Glenn

Posted on
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

lanbrown wrote:
When you install v5, v4 is still there. One of the steps is pointing the web server to the correct folder; it lists the old v4 location. So in theory, you should be able to not use the service and just open the executable to run the program. Then all you might need to do is update the web server path but it could also be that the two installs technically have separate configs.

Thanks - been having a look remotely and seems to have deleted cxns key. If you could pm or post the first debug option should be able to sort and have test version out next hour or two.
Glenn

Posted on
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:51 am
GlennNZ offline

Further to this:

Bottom line is might take a bit longer..

Seems that the status request has altered in BI5 with details slightly unclear. Not sure whether by design or not, or whether BI will change back to previous method. Waiting to hear back from Ken at BI regarding this change.

So a bit more patience needed....

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:09 am
GlennNZ offline

Inital BI v5 Plugin Fix

v1.0.3 Pre-release Plugin
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... /tag/1.0.3

Seems to fix all current issues
Some minor changes only
NOT backward Compatible (will probably look at that as next step)

As an aside - I upgraded to 5.0.0.50 - went fine, no issues, or server redirect or inital installs needed.
Seems like most v5 install issues have been ironed out.

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:11 am
autolog offline

Hi Glenn,
I have installed the new plugin (version 1.0.3).
I am running Blue iris (Version 5.0.0.52 x64).

Since I disabled the plugin (when I installed BI5), I have installed two Reolink RLC-423 cameras and a Foscam R4 camera.
When I start the new plugin, these cameras aren't listed.

Should they be listed or am I meant to use New... to add a camera - if so, I can't find how to select the new ones.

The Indigo Blue Iris Server Device seems to work OK and an existing Foscam camera is showing up as an Indigo device and showing when motion is detecte d(this camera was previously defined when the plugin was working with BI4).

Thanks for creating this plugin. :)

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:07 pm
GlennNZ offline

lanbrown wrote:
I upgraded to 5.0.50 the day it was released and it did not resolve the issue in getting the status of the Blue Iris server.

I assume the the new pre-release plugin is compatible with the changes Ken made?

You could also just change the plugin version to v5 to match that of Blue Iris and just have this plugin work with Blue Iris 5 only. The plugin has been stable. If you want the latest features the Blue Iris offers in the plugin, they would need to upgrade to v5 anyway. You might want to put a check in the plugin when it talks to the Blue Iris server to make sure the correct plugin is being used. If not, you could provide a URL to download the correct one. An example, they download the v5 plugin and they are running Blue Iris 4. If the plugin version is 5 and Blue Iris is 4, output in the log the URL to download the v4 plugin.

autolog wrote:
Hi Glenn,
I have installed the new plugin (version 1.0.3).
I am running Blue iris (Version 5.0.0.52 x64).

Since I disabled the plugin (when I installed BI5), I have installed two Reolink RLC-423 cameras and a Foscam R4 camera.
When I start the new plugin, these cameras aren't listed.

Should they be listed or am I meant to use New... to add a camera - if so, I can't find how to select the new ones.

The Indigo Blue Iris Server Device seems to work OK and an existing Foscam camera is showing up as an Indigo device and showing when motion is detecte d(this camera was previously defined when the plugin was working with BI4).

Thanks for creating this plugin. :)

Thanks all - yes this version has a couple of quite minor changes to make compatible with BI v5. Will likely make the plugin compatible with both as next step.

Re: New Cameras: there is a generate cameras button in the plugin config, press this for your new devices to appear. Remember as per the first post you do need to add the URL link back to the plugin in the camera config.

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:47 pm
autolog offline

Hi Glenn,
PEBCAK: Solution was to RTFM!!! - Thanks for the reminders/pointers. :oops:

All working now. :D

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm
GlennNZ offline

autolog wrote:
Hi Glenn,
PEBCAK: Solution was to RTFM!!! - Thanks for the reminders/pointers. :oops:

All working now. :D

No problem!

Give it a run for a bit - may be some other changes haven’t caught up with as yet.

Glenn