Upgrading MacOS and restarting, Indigo 7.2 posts OS error

Posted on
Wed May 22, 2019 9:29 pm
sarahcat offline

Upgrading MacOS and restarting, Indigo 7.2 posts OS error

Since Mojave at least, when upgrading MacOS point release (in this case, 10.14.4 to 10.14.5) and completing OS restart, an error box warns that Indigo needs to be upgraded. While I know that Indigo still functions, the error apparently prevents Indigo Server from starting up after the MacOS restart. I then upgraded to Indigo 7.3.1 and wondered if a change to Indigo was made in 7.3.1 that no longer causes MacOS to post that warning about Indigo.

Is the error related to Indigo being a 32-bit application, rather than a 64-bit application? I think I recall that was the reason the errors were being posted. I think there was a thread about this, but I couldn't locate it. Do others see this error about Indigo when upgrading MacOS?

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2019 7:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading MacOS and restarting, Indigo 7.2 posts OS err

This is because the Indigo Server is a 32 bit app still (the client app is 64 bit). That didn't change in 7.3.1. For a while now we've had an internal version that is 64 bit, but when we release it AppleScripts that talk directly to the server will no longer function. We will obviously release it once Apple officially disallows 32 bit apps from running, but in the mean time we are stuck with the annoying macOS warnings.

Page 1 of 1