Question on voice announcements?

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 8:40 am
norcoscia offline

Question on voice announcements?

I noticed today you had an update so I installed it (both indigo plug-in and on my fire 8" tablet) - I was overjoyed that I could send it voice announcements - it worked great.

I busted out one of my old ATT phones, did the update to 1.9 and tried to send it a voice announcement - it did not work. Tried everything I could think of making sure voice features are turned on but no luck. Un-paired and re-paired. But I can not get it to work.

Any ideas what to check - the phone is running version 5 of android but not sure if that matters.

Would love to get reliable voice announcements going and I have 5 of these phones I got at best buy for under ten bucks each that I can litter the house with!

So just had my wife purchase Domopad pro and installed on her pixel - no luck with voice announcements - her phone is running android version 9.

Help!!!!!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 11:22 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Question on voice announcements?

Can you get me the exact phone model number and Android version (should be able to find in Settings -> About Phone)? I'll check what API level that text-to-speech requires, I don't remember off hand... If it should be supported (I THINK it would be...) I can load that up in an emulator and see there.

Adam

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 11:29 am
norcoscia offline

The small phones are on 5.1.1 but my wife's pixel is on version 9 and it is not working either? I can only get the fire to work and it is on FIRE OS 5.3.6.4

Update, also tried it on my wife's chrome pixel tablet running Chrome OS 73.0.3683.88 - does not work :-(

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri May 17, 2019 7:16 am
norcoscia offline

Bump :-)

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1