Integration with home energy monitor

Posted on
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:20 pm
norcoscia offline

Integration with home energy monitor

Hi Dave, I posted this in a different spot but wondering if it would be possible to pull my energy usage data into matplotlib?

Post with the info is here (I did not want to double post it).

viewtopic.php?uid=5806&f=107&t=22350&start=0#p176354

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on possibilities....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:49 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Integration with home energy monitor

Hi Norm - if you can get the data into a CSV file in a format that Matplotlib can understand, then the plugin should be able to chart it. I don't think it's within the scope of the plugin to provide hooks into other systems or APIs--too much stuff can change over time and everything tends to do things differently. If there's enough interest, it may be that one of the developers here might write a plugin for it and then the Matplotlib plugin would be able to pull the data into a CSV file for you.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:54 pm
norcoscia offline

OK, thanks Dave - just wanted to check since I was looking for a plot - BTW, I think I found the problem I was having - when I moved to the new machine I missed one of the charts I had so it had a bad path - it was hanging up Matplotlib (which I assume when it was trying to update it) - I just happened to notice it - I trashed the chart and I have had no other data loss since.....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:58 pm
DaveL17 offline

Hey Norm - that's great. I'm glad you were able to figure it out. What you might do to avoid the issue in the future is to save your chart files and CSV files to a folder outside the Indigo tree. This would permanently address the lost path issue. One downside to this approach is that the charts would need to be added to control pages as a refreshing images rather than a native control page image.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:07 pm
norcoscia offline

Yes, that is what I do now but that chart just got lost and I forgot it was there - I was using it a long time ago for testing but then left it and never used / looked at the chart - then, when I went to the new machine, it cause an issue.

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1