WUnderground Plugin Not Updating

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:39 am
Rocco offline

Re: WUnderground Plugin Not Updating

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.
I did get a new API key, but it seems to do nothing for me. A page that I landed on seems to indicate that they aren't supporting API keys for non-paying customers anymore (although my account says I am paid through 2020- which must be because I run a PWS). Either way- I was never happy with the frequency at which I could update the data due to the maximum number of calls per day, so I'm much happier with the solution I found to pull fresh data straight from my own station into indigo every 15 seconds.

Rocco

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:37 pm
Professor Falken offline

Yeah, mine hasn't updated in almost a month.

I have been slowly migrating to FW-- there's a bunch to do, though most of it isn't really mission critical. Once again, nice work Dave.

The one thing I will definitely miss is good rainfall amounts, which I use to drive irrigation logic. Oh well, I may have to turn it over to Rachio algorithm for a while and see if they've improved it at all.

Every time I look at installing a PWS of my own and just pulling my own data in via Weathersnoop, I come to the conclusion that I don't really have a great place on my property for one (and especially the needed rain gauge), but maybe the killing of WU will push me to look again.

Thanks for all the ward work on this Dave.

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:55 pm
DaveL17 offline

My pleasure. I miss the rainfall totals, too. This predictive amounts are good for a forecast, but much less reliable for rationing irrigation.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]