Ok attached compressed was 700Kb :-)

I stopped the plugin

deleted the plugin.log

turned plugin back on

enabled full debug verbose

forced redraw of graphs

error in indigo log

stopped debugging/verbose

zipped and returned to here - not allowed to upload zips here so changed .zip to .log

you will need to unzip

done

Although 700K really isn't that big of a file, you can see that it did 700K over the course of about 30 seconds. That's why I don't want anyone to turn that on without a need for it -- and to not leave it on for too long. I think I understand what's going on with the "too many ticks" error now.

Your chart Chart Mini - Trend Outdoor Temp - OLD has 3 lines:
- line 1 goes from 2019-02-11 10:34:00.121467 to 2019-02-11 13:20:00.952835 (or about 3 hours)
- line 2 and 3 [AV Daily Power Usage] each have only one observation, both with the timestamp of 1970-01-01 00:00:00, and a data point equal to zero.

The 1970 date is significant. When the plugin finds that the data file is gone or contains no observations, it assigns at least one observation and gives it the timestamp of 1970-01-01 00:00:00 (epoch time). This timestamp then ensures that the next time the CSV data are updated that a "real" observation will be logged. So Matplotlib is trying to plot ticks from 1970-01-01 to 2019-02-11 which is way too many. (I'm curious what would happen if you changed the X axis scale to 'Every Year'.) I must admit that I have no idea where the 1968 or the 2021 in the error is coming from. :D This is something that I should be able to handle in code--now that I know where the problem lies.

There is also another error in your log that I will also try to track down. Being able to see your log has been hugely helpful. Thanks so much for the help!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:15 pm
Busta999 offline

Re: Looking for Beta Testers

Glad I could assist!

The very least I could, full of self interest here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:32 am
Busta999 offline

Dave

MatPlotLib stopped working last night at about 2 am

Nothing in Indigo Logs - I'll capture MatPlotLib logs in case you need them.

Work up the smoking and all graphs stopped between 2 and 3am.

Forcing a redraw resulting in the ticks error showing up in Indigo log but no other issues.

Restarted Plugin and I got this in Indigo Logs:-

Code: Select all
Error                           process (pid 22253) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
   Stopped plugin "Matplotlib 0.7.28"
   Starting plugin "Matplotlib 0.7.28" (pid 15708)
   Error                           client connection ID (CFBundleIdentifier) not unique: com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
   Plugin "Matplotlib" authentication failed - client ID must be unique
   Error                           plugin "Matplotlib 0.7.28" (pid 15708) failed to start -- restarting in 5 seconds
   Z-Wave                          received "Radiator - Kitchen - Valve" status update brightness 47
   Reloading plugin "Matplotlib 0.7.28"
   Starting plugin "Matplotlib 0.7.28" (pid 15734)
   Matplotlib                     
   Matplotlib                      ================================================ Initializing New Plugin Session =================================================
   Matplotlib                      Plugin name:                    Matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Plugin version:                 0.7.28
   Matplotlib                      Plugin ID:                      com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Indigo version:                 7.2.0
   Matplotlib                      Python version:                 2.7.10 (default, Feb  7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
   Matplotlib                      Mac OS Version:                 10.12.6
   Matplotlib                      Process ID:                     15734
   Matplotlib                      ==================================================================================================================================
   Matplotlib                     
   Matplotlib                      ======================================================= Matplotlib Environment ========================================================
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib version:             1.3.1
   Matplotlib                      Numpy version:                  1.8.0rc1
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib RC Path:             /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/matplotlib.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/matplotlibrc
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib Plugin log location: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Logs/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      =======================================================================================================================================
   Started plugin "Matplotlib 0.7.28"

Something died that caused it to stop working but not report an issue.

Posted on
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:36 am
Busta999 offline

Here are the graphs after restarting the plugin.

Obviously was not collecting data into csvs last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 am
DaveL17 offline

Sorry to hear that the plugin stopped working for you last night. I suspect that it's tied to the 'too many ticks' error you've been seeing--I haven't seen the plugin quit working like that myself. I hope to be posting a fix for the ticks error very soon.

With respect to this error:
Code: Select all
Error        client connection ID (CFBundleIdentifier) not unique: com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib Plugin "Matplotlib" authentication failed - client ID must be unique

I don't think that's anything surprising. What I suspect this is saying is that Indigo was spooling up a new plugin instance while the old one was still stuck in memory--hence the reason that it found two instances of the plugin identifier. That is, unless you are doing something creative and running two instances of the plugin....

Do you save your CSV data to the same machine that's running Indigo? I have some work to do on making the plugin a bit more resilient for instances where the save location isn't available (i.e., saving to a NAS, cloud or second IP). This will work just fine so long as the save location is there, but it isn't a supported configuration just yet.

Posted on
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:26 am
Busta999 offline

I have deleted the Chart creating the 'too many ticks' in case it was contributing to the fail.

I should have kept it for testing, sorry :?

I do run Two CSV Engines one for main graphs the other for mini/trend graphing, if that influences anything.

Posted on
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:33 am
DaveL17 offline

No worries on the deleted device. I believe I can work with what I already have from the log you provided.

You raise an interesting point about multiple CSV engines. The plugin has handled this in the past with no problem, but I am using a new method for managing the data reads/writes. I will add that to the list of things to test.

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:19 am
Busta999 offline

I have found some more issues as I go through testing - will document as I find them..

using v0.7.28

Battery Health Chart

What does 'Show Battery Level Yes/No' do?

I can't spot the difference?

Show Battery Level On:-
Chart - TRV Battery Chart Show Battery Enabled.png
Chart - TRV Battery Chart Show Battery Enabled.png (15.62 KiB) Viewed 3194 times

Show Battery Level Off:-
Chart - TRV Battery Chart - Show Battery Disabled.png
Chart - TRV Battery Chart - Show Battery Disabled.png (15.62 KiB) Viewed 3194 times

Tiny buglet?

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:00 am
Busta999 offline

Constants Line Drawing

I may well be doing something odd here but cannot detect it.

This is how it is setup
Chart Fridge Freezer Power Usage.jpeg
Chart Fridge Freezer Power Usage.jpeg (154.64 KiB) Viewed 3189 times

This is what I get

Chart - Fridge Freezer Daily Power Usage.png
Chart - Fridge Freezer Daily Power Usage.png (28.05 KiB) Viewed 3189 times

I had expected a green dashed line at 0.9.

What am I missing.

Thanks for your help

BTW ignore weirdness of graph - MatPlotLib stopped working for a day so now creates a weird graph..

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:34 am
Busta999 offline

CSV Engine - Duration

I can't detect this working:-
matplotlib - Duration.jpeg
matplotlib - Duration.jpeg (160.73 KiB) Viewed 3183 times

But still draws graphs longer than 72 hours
Chart - Daily Power Usage - max 72 hour duration.png
Chart - Daily Power Usage - max 72 hour duration.png (30.14 KiB) Viewed 3183 times

I made the config change - restarted the plugin then forced a redraw.

On this occasion - MatPlotLib stopped capturing reading for about a day before I noticed and restarted the plugin.

So the normal 192 @ 15 Mins = 48 hrs did not catch it.

Tried setting to 48 hours - restarted plugin - redrew graphs:-

CSV Engine Duration 48 hours.jpeg
CSV Engine Duration 48 hours.jpeg (160.74 KiB) Viewed 3183 times

still resulted in a 90 odd hour graph:-

Chart - Fridge Freezer Daily Power Usage - Duration =48.png
Chart - Fridge Freezer Daily Power Usage - Duration =48.png (28.15 KiB) Viewed 3183 times

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:27 am
DaveL17 offline

Busta999 wrote:

Please check the files that are output by the plugin (rather than viewing in a control page). Sometimes browsers can't detect that the image has changed and loads from cache file instead of image file. I made this change, but had to delete caches in order for the new image to display.

Off:
_chart_battery.png
_chart_battery.png (17 KiB) Viewed 3199 times

On:
chart_battery.png
chart_battery.png (19.12 KiB) Viewed 3199 times

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:36 am
DaveL17 offline

Busta999 wrote:
Constants Line Drawing

I may well be doing something odd here but cannot detect it.

Might be the same issue with respect to an old version of the chart in caches.

Another possibility is that there is no space between the tuples. Try inserting a comma after the comma but before the second tuple. The plugin should be able to handle the entry regardless of whether there's a space between them. I'll make a note on this one to dive into the code.

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:44 am
Busta999 offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Busta999 wrote:

Please check the files that are output by the plugin (rather than viewing in a control page). Sometimes browsers can't detect that the image has changed and loads from cache file instead of image file. I made this change, but had to delete caches in order for the new image to display.

Getting direct from Finder :-)

Have got far enough to embed in CPs yet.

I just built this one this morning.

I turned on Show Battery Level first out but can't seem to turn it off.

I'll recreate the graph without the Show Battery Turned on - that normally fixes these sorts of issues.

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:51 am
DaveL17 offline

Busta999 wrote:
CSV Engine - Duration

I can't detect this working:-[/attachment]

I will take a look at this one as well, but I want to make sure that we're on the same page.

The duration setting will only affect CSV files that are managed by that specific CSV engine device. For example, if you want some data to be 72 hours and some data to be 96 hours, you should use separate CSV devices for that.

When you've made a change to the duration value for a specific CSV engine device, you'll need to wait for it to refresh the data on its own. In this case, you have the engine set to refresh at 15 minute intervals, so you'll need to wait for the next 15 minute refresh to take place (the plugin should not reset the clock on when this scheduled refresh is set to occur.) Forcing a refresh of the chart will not have an effect. This is intentional so that the interval is maintained between observations. A later update of the plugin is going to allow for the duration setting to also be set for each chart--regardless of how much CSV data is in the file.

If, after waiting for the next refresh, the data still aren't appearing as you'd expect, let me know. This is working for me on my development environment, but that doesn't mean that it's working on your setup.

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:09 am
Busta999 offline

DaveL17 wrote:
I will take a look at this one as well, but I want to make sure that we're on the same page.

The duration setting will only affect CSV files that are managed by that specific CSV engine device. For example, if you want some data to be 72 hours and some data to be 96 hours, you should use separate CSV devices for that.

When you've made a change to the duration value for a specific CSV engine device, you'll need to wait for it to refresh the data on its own. In this case, you have the engine set to refresh at 15 minute intervals, so you'll need to wait for the next 15 minute refresh to take place (the plugin should not reset the clock on when this scheduled refresh is set to occur.) Forcing a refresh of the chart will not have an effect. This is intentional so that the interval is maintained between observations. A later update of the plugin is going to allow for the duration setting to also be set for each chart--regardless of how much CSV data is in the file.

If, after waiting for the next refresh, the data still aren't appearing as you'd expect, let me know. This is working for me on my development environment, but that doesn't mean that it's working on your setup.

This is not an issue - I can work around these so no priority at all.

I run three CSV engines -

Main 192 obs, 48 hrs, 900 refresh
Motion (just started it) 4320 Obs/ 72 Hr Duration, 60 Refresh
Mini 12 obs, 0 Duration, 900 refresh

I only added the Duration today - hadn't noticed it before. Normal not an issue as the obs occur and it does the job - the Duration was interesting as I thought (hoped) it would make the graphing better when a failure occurred. Not a problem within 48 hours works its way out on it is own.

The Duration setting has had a couple of hours to reflect..

Again not an issue - worst comes to worst I rebuild the graphs again from scratch - that normally fixes these kind of issues. Not an overly time consuming problem - getting pretty quick at doing them now :-)