HomeKit Bridge Q&A

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:36 pm
durosity offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Q&A

rehafer wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler wrote:

Wow, I hope all is well and the surgery is successful!

Successful Surgery and now on pain meds so I should limit my posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah.. go nuts and blame it on the meds. That’s what I do

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm
karlg offline

Cannot invert the on/off state

Hello,
(Please pardon me if this has bee discussed/resolved before - I'm not sure how to find out about it.)

I have some curtains controlled by z-wave devices in Indigo. Because they are normally open, the state for open is 0 and 100 for closed - that is, turning the device on closes the curtains.

The curtains are connected through HomeKit Bridge to Siri, but the state is inverted - that is, in order to open them, I have to tell Siri to close them (confusing).

I have looked at HomeKit Bridge's setting for the devices, and tried changing the "Invert on/off state" check boxes, to no avail.

Could you please help?
- how do I get the check boxes to alter the on/off states? (I have tried inverting the state and pressing all the save buttons etc. Also, do I need to restart the plugin etc?)
- where are the settings saved, and can I access them directly?

Thanks in advance!
Karl

Posted on
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:09 pm
berkinet offline

Excuses begged if this has already been asked...

How can one best go about adding a homebridge-plug-in to the Indigo HomeKit Bridge plugin? Is this a one-off process, or, are there hooks in the code to support this (or is that one of the upcoming surprises?).

Posted on
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:30 pm
FlyingDiver offline

karlg wrote:
Cannot invert the on/off state

Hello,
(Please pardon me if this has bee discussed/resolved before - I'm not sure how to find out about it.)

I have some curtains controlled by z-wave devices in Indigo. Because they are normally open, the state for open is 0 and 100 for closed - that is, turning the device on closes the curtains.

The curtains are connected through HomeKit Bridge to Siri, but the state is inverted - that is, in order to open them, I have to tell Siri to close them (confusing).

I have looked at HomeKit Bridge's setting for the devices, and tried changing the "Invert on/off state" check boxes, to no avail.

Could you please help?
- how do I get the check boxes to alter the on/off states? (I have tried inverting the state and pressing all the save buttons etc. Also, do I need to restart the plugin etc?)
- where are the settings saved, and can I access them directly?

Thanks in advance!
Karl

If you can't figure out how to make Homebridge do it, you could use the Masquerade plugin to make some virtual devices with reversed values and then publish those with HKB.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:25 pm
karlg offline

Thanks Joe,

Hopefully, someone will come through with a quick answer, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind if not..

Posted on
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:05 am
Colly offline

Hi Karl,

Have you tried deleting the device and re-including it? I’ve found changing a device after its added doesn’t work so best to delete and include with your preferred settings.

Posted on
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:20 pm
karlg offline

Hi Colly,

Thanks for the message.

I hadn't tried deleting and re-including the device, so, on your suggestion, gave it a go:

I removed two curtains from the HomeKit Bridge devices list, then added them back in. with the second one, I set the invert state checkbox before saving. I saved the settings then checked from the devices list that one had the invert checkbox checked, while the other didn't.

Looking at the list of devices on Home on the phone, both showed the same state, and both operated the same way when I opened or closed the respective curtains

One thing I find strange is that there is an "Invert on/off state" checkbox shown in the devices list before any device/action is selected..

Thanks for the suggestion!

Regards,
Karl

Posted on
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:22 am
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
Excuses begged if this has already been asked...

How can one best go about adding a homebridge-plug-in to the Indigo HomeKit Bridge plugin? Is this a one-off process, or, are there hooks in the code to support this (or is that one of the upcoming surprises?).

So... I think I figured this out. While it is probably possible, maybe even easy, to add a HoneBridge-plugin to the Indigo HomeKit Bridge plugin, it is probably best not done, if only because future updates would wipe-out the work.

But, Thanks to this post from @durosity, I figured out how to handle the challenge, just start a second HomeBridge server, remembering to change the key identifiers and interface settings: Username, name, pin and port.