New Beta Posted

Posted on
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:39 pm
RogueProeliator offline

New Beta Posted

v1.8.3 (BETA) Posted
A new beta has been posted to the Play Store for those on the beta channel... note that a TON of systems have been touched, some without any new features, due to the updates to support the latest and greatest OS versions and features. Therefore, I am seeking feedback and testing; this version has been decently stable and is running on my normal phone now too.

Changes Since Latest Release (v1.6.1):
  • Support for the latest OS features and libraries
  • New setup wizard to aid in setting up new devices
  • Support for showing web content on control pages; NOTE: though basically working this feature is still under development

Changes Since Last Beta:
  • Push notifications working
  • Status updater working (fixes those on Oreo & Pie who were experiencing issues)
  • Local connections to non-SSL servers working again (previously those on Pie were blocked, but it worked via the reflector)

Adam

Posted on
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:00 pm
roussell offline

Re: New Beta Posted

Nice, I’m traveling but I’ll give it a thorough beating when I get home!

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:13 am
norcoscia offline

Just tried the web view (used my web site as a test) - seems to be working perfect on my Fire 8 - great job!!!!
Attachments
2018-12-13_05-11-44.jpeg
2018-12-13_05-11-44.jpeg (373.96 KiB) Viewed 4917 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 am
RogueProeliator offline

Just tried the web view (used my web site as a test) - seems to be working perfect on my Fire 8 - great job!!!!

It is very much a work in progress -- there are a few issues to work out. Also note that sometimes the web page itself causes issues as it may see a smaller display portion and call for a mobile page to be returned which may not be ideal. Scaling (of the viewport) is one issue that definitely needs to be resolved (or at least defined as to how it will act).

Adam

Posted on
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:27 pm
roussell offline

Adam, just had to pop in and say the latest version (release?) is incredibly fast! I noticed it first on my Fire tablets, which always seem a little laggy compared to the other Android devices. It flat-out flies on the Lenovo Tab 4 10! I don't know what you did but great job man!

Terry

Posted on
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:14 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Adam, just had to pop in and say the latest version (release?) is incredibly fast! I noticed it first on my Fire tablets, which always seem a little laggy compared to the other Android devices. It flat-out flies on the Lenovo Tab 4 10! I don't know what you did but great job man!

Thanks! I don't think it is anything specific, but more just a general improvement by utilizing new options and libraries that weren't available when parts of the application were written. I have too many things I am trying to get into the app right now, though, keep spinning my wheels! I have been doing a bunch of going through and cleanup, though, so hopefully it trims down and stays fast (and gets faster).

Adam

Posted on
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:10 pm
mundmc offline

Also noting my Domopad is popping along faster on the new beta! No problems encountered yet.

Posted on
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm
RogueProeliator offline

So this new beta is just dragging on due to a lack of time on my part - specifically with doing a decent job of testing before declaring modules of it "ready for the masses" so to speak. Is there anyone willing to help really test out individual pieces in the beta... by which I mean I could let you know a piece to test out and you actually attempt to break it for 20-30 minutes, reporting back any errors and steps to reproduce?

I'm going to start making a few releases to beta and will post the area of the app that has changed/is ready for testing. If someone (or ones) could thoroughly test out each area as it releases that would help a ton. Not asking one individual(s) to participate in each step, just hoping we can get a few where we can get one or two sets of extra eyes on specific portions each time...

The first to be ready as a Release Candidate will be the setup wizard. Those who have not setup a new device lately (just upgraded existing installations) may not even have seen this, but it is a new process for setting up the application on first launch. You can see it by going into Android -> Settings -> Apps and clearing the storage for DomoPad, then launching it again so it sees it as a fresh install.

That release should be done tonight if all goes well so will distribute from the Play Store to beta testers this evening or overnight.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 am
mundmc offline

I have two Fire 7’s that are as-of-yet untouched; I can help with the setup part (or other parts as well).

MunDMC
Fitter. Happier. More productive.

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 pm
RogueProeliator offline

The latest beta has been posted - misc changes in multiple areas, but this is a release candidate for the initial setup wizard... Please let me know if anyone finds any issues there -- feel free to actively attempt to break it. :-|

Posted on
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:01 am
roussell offline

It’ll be a few days as I’m having a problem with my Indigo Mini, but I’ll do my best to break it :)

Terry

Posted on
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:15 am
norcoscia offline

Web snag is still working (it would be great if I could specify a number to have it scroll down a web page some amount to get it automatically lined up). If voice messages have been added I happy to test that but not sure how to do it?
Attachments
2019-02-19_07-11-43.jpeg
2019-02-19_07-11-43.jpeg (364.4 KiB) Viewed 4394 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:02 pm
siclark offline

to that weather screen!

Posted on
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:45 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Finally had some time to fix up the couple of issues I found prior to the previously-planned beta deployment... v1.8.5 has been released to beta testers on the store. Three main changes from the previous beta:
  • Release Candidate for the initial setup screen
  • Improved look and feel for some buttons (Material Design implementation, not all dialogs fully updated)
  • Updates to the settings screen
If anyone has any trouble, especially with the above areas, please let me know!

Page 1 of 1