Alexa Bridge Error: _createDeviceDict exception

Posted on
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:51 pm
ketchup318 offline

Alexa Bridge Error: _createDeviceDict exception

Hi

I keep getting this error message in my event log. I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks

Alexa-Hue Bridge Error _createDeviceDict exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Alexa-Hue Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hue_listener.py", line 394, in _createDeviceDict
self.brightness = int(indigo.variables[self.dimVariableId].value)
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Posted on
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:57 pm
autolog offline

Re: Alexa Bridge Error: _createDeviceDict exception

What triggers this?

Are you asking Alexa to dim a device?

You have a dim variable defined for a device but it looks like the dim value isn't being provided by Alexa?

If you know or can work out which variable is being used, you could try setting the variable to 255.

I haven't seen this error before and can see that the plugin could do a better job of trapping and reporting on the situation. :)

Posted on
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 pm
ketchup318 offline

Re: Alexa Bridge Error: _createDeviceDict exception

Thanks for the lead autolog.

I was getting this twice every hour and it was driving me nuts. I programmed the two devices with dimming capabilities (for Alexa) but never defined a starting value for brightness variable. I had other devices programmed the same way, but they were being used all the time. For the lights being used all the time, the default brightness variable was set by alexa at first use, so it wasn't a problem. I've never ended up using these problematic lights with Alexa, so the default brightness was never defined, hence the error.

Thanks for the great work on the plugin.

Page 1 of 1