Front Door Lock and Garage Door

Posted on
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:27 am
petematheson offline

Front Door Lock and Garage Door

Hi All,

2 Things:

I have an Aeotec Garage Door Opener. I've added it to Home Bridge as both a Switch (default) and a Garage Door Opener.
I have it working, except it always thinks the door is opposite to what it is.
Setting the Invert switch on the plugin seems to do nothing, although I imagine if that worked then it would fix my issue so not sure if that's a bug?

I have a front door lock, and I can say to Lock / Unlock - however whenever I ask it to Unlock, it unlocks the door and immediately locks it again?

Posted on
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:42 pm
Coolcaper offline

Re: Front Door Lock and Garage Door

I can’t comment about the door lock but with the garage door controller try removing it from HomeKit and add it again with the invert set from the get go. Same thing happened to me so it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:05 am
petematheson offline

Perfect that seemed to do the trick :)

Posted on
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:09 am
PeteVis offline

I'm having the same issue with my garage door (virtual on/off device)

I'm searching for this invert switch, but can't find it. Would any of you be so kind and tell me where this invert switch is set ?

Edit : nevermind, found it. In my case just editing the garage door did the trick.

Posted on
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:40 pm
dnomode offline

Mine also shows Open when the garage is closed. The invert switch is not available on mine. What am I missing?
Screenshot 2018-12-05 15.37.10.png
Screenshot 2018-12-05 15.37.10.png (215.8 KiB) Viewed 2931 times

Thanks for the help.

Edmond

Posted on
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:53 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The only time 'Invert' is available is if the device you are referencing has an On and Off state. Your 'Garage Door Right' doesn't have an On and Off state so that's why invert doesn't show. Choose a light switch, as an example, and you'll see Invert show up.

That being said, what kind of garage door opener is it? Out of the box it should support most of the standard ones but if you have one that isn't as widely used you may have to create a virtual device for it so you can get On and Off.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 pm
dnomode offline

I have a Chamberlain garage door opener and I'm using this kit to control it.
https://www.smarthome.com/insteon-74551 ... s-kit.html

Edmond

Posted on
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:57 pm
dnomode offline

So anyone have an idea on how to make this work correctly using the Insteon I/O Link? The Apple Home App still thinks the garage is open when its closed.
Screenshot 2018-12-08 13.55.13.png
Screenshot 2018-12-08 13.55.13.png (416.91 KiB) Viewed 2832 times

Thanks for the help

Edmond

Posted on
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm
markmiller66 offline

Edmond, I still have to work on the Homekit part, but to get the Indigo part correct, but here is what I did so far for Indigo settings:

1. Select the I/O Linc and click the Edit... button at the top of the Indigo interface.
2. In the Edit window, Select "Edit Device Settings..."

Use the setting in the attached screen shot. Make sure you hit the "Upload Settings" after changing them.

Update: I just checked my HomeKit and the status of the door sensor is matching Indigo.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 8.38.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 8.38.04 PM.png (68.18 KiB) Viewed 2709 times

Posted on
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:50 pm
dnomode offline

Use the setting in the attached screen shot. Make sure you hit the "Upload Settings" after changing them

That worked. :D

Thanks
Edmond

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 am
DaveL17 offline

Awoke this morning to a seemingly errant message on my iPhone from the Home.app that at 23:27 the "Garage Door was Closed".

Fearing that something hinky was going on, I checked the Indigo logs and there was no indication that the garage door had been open or closed (no door activity messages, no motion, temperature within reason). Not sure if this message came from the Home.app directly, or was initiated through HKB, so I thought I'd mention it. Could be that Siri thought I asked for the garage door to be closed, but I would've had to be talking in my sleep. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:15 am
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Awoke this morning to a seemingly errant message on my iPhone from the Home.app that at 23:27 the "Garage Door was Closed".

Fearing that something hinky was going on, I checked the Indigo logs and there was no indication that the garage door had been open or closed (no door activity messages, no motion, temperature within reason). Not sure if this message came from the Home.app directly, or was initiated through HKB, so I thought I'd mention it. Could be that Siri thought I asked for the garage door to be closed, but I would've had to be talking in my sleep. :D

I get status updates like that fairly often.. i've aways suspected that Home hasn't updated a status for a while and then something has updated that devices status in Indigo and it's suddenly realised there's been a change.. although i sometimes get it with devices that aren't even plugged in.. eg i've got a relay for turning on an electric door lock on the shed that's not actually installed yet.. randomly i'll get a message saying the lock has been locked.. but nothing has changed on it for weeks.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:22 am
DaveL17 offline

durosity wrote:
I get status updates like that fairly often.. i've aways suspected that Home hasn't updated a status for a while and then something has updated that devices status in Indigo and it's suddenly realised there's been a change.. although i sometimes get it with devices that aren't even plugged in.. eg i've got a relay for turning on an electric door lock on the shed that's not actually installed yet.. randomly i'll get a message saying the lock has been locked.. but nothing has changed on it for weeks.

Thanks. That makes me feel better.

Either that, or you talk in your sleep too.

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:24 am
durosity offline

I do. A fair few years ago my wife heard me say 'Ah the cracking sound of leather and lassies'. :lol:

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am
DaveL17 offline

That'll be a nice mental image to try to escape today.