Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:30 am
Sevilsivle offline

Game Changer?

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:13 am
jalves offline

Re: Game Changer?

Nice, clean design. Of course it wouldn't fit in standard US electrical boxes but maybe there is a different version.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:15 am
Sevilsivle offline

Currently only for Europe and Russia apparently.

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 am
kw123 offline

I really like the new aeotec devices eg https://aeotec.com/z-wave-plug-in-switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am
autolog offline

The one problem with the UK version of the Smart Switch 6 is that when you plug in a UK 3-pin plug, it obscures the on-off switch which is on the front face. This is a significant design defect. :(

I have also had a number of occurrences of these switches switching off for no reason and not notifying Indigo.

I now buy the Fibaro Wall Plug e.g. https://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-fibaro-wall-plug-gen5-uk

The on-off switch is on the side and not obscured by the plug. :)

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am
Sevilsivle offline

The thing I like is that these can replace standard switches and sockets. Which means retaining usual (manual) operation but also giving full automation flexibility. Yes, you can use smart plugs or switch modules but these are more compact and easier to install.
Lets hope they meet up to expectations.

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 am
Sevilsivle offline

I think the problems ( in Indigo) often arise due to the fact that Fibaro regularly change the firmware and/or model number and the definitions break. Fibaro can quickly provide an update for their controllers to take the changes into account. We have to wait until Matt and Jay get us “up to date”

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:17 am
DaveL17 offline

IMO, in most circumstances, a change to firmware shouldn't break backward compatibility so any firmware changes to a supported device that affect Indigo's operation should be hung on the manufacturer.

Adding a model number to Indigo requires extensive regression testing to ensure that including it won't break Indigo. I'm guessing that controller manufacturers don't rush to put in support for changes to the competitions' products as quickly as their own.

Lastly, even though a model number (or device for that matter) isn't officially supported in Indigo doesn't mean that you can't use it. With a little bit of effort, Indigo's tools make it possible to communicate with pretty much everything (Z-Wave).

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:08 pm
siclark offline

Jon, have a look at the Neo coolcam sockets on AliExpress. Half the price of fibaro and tiny size.

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 pm
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:
Jon, have a look at the Neo coolcam sockets on AliExpress. Half the price of fibaro and tiny size.

Yes they are great and as small as you can get for a UK plug, BUT I have noticed that the UK plug is now only available from one AliExpress shop and the price increased from £23 to £26 and now to £31. EU plugs are still around £21.
I suppose the UK market is too small to them.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 am
siclark offline

That's a shame. They do have the WiFi version for an incredible cheap price of £8.75. who's up for a plugin for them

Posted on
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:27 am
siclark offline

Wow. This is an impressive switch. But any existing socket with 5 existing switches will be in at least a double gang back box so there will be lots of wall patching to be done. Could be good to use to replace existing switch and hace lots of associated devices.

Posted on
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:46 am
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:
That's a shame. They do have the WiFi version for an incredible cheap price of £8.75. who's up for a plugin for them

Yes, I think they use Tuya Smart IoT Platform ( which I think means they can be flashed to work with Tasmota which then can talk to a MQTT broker, never tried Tasmota or MQTT) but it does mean that they could be made to work with Indigo but don't have a clue myself about doing it!

I have found a nice looking UK plug on Alibaba but I can't get an account as I no longer have a registered company but I cannot find any other company selling them so don't know who they sell to.

The details are at https://nietech.en.alibaba.com/product/60790060679-806097953/Z_Wave_UK_Plug_Type_868MHz_Socket.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.23.557050f06loaFZ
has anyone managed to buy from Alibaba without a trade account as they are $25-$35 each and suspect a minimum quantity per order. (plus import duty and VAT & possibly postage)

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 am
siclark offline

I have an account and have sent an enquiry. Minn order qty is only 1 but will see what they say about pricing at that qty and shipping costs.

Posted on
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 am
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:
I have an account and have sent an enquiry. Minn order qty is only 1 but will see what they say about pricing at that qty and shipping costs.

Great, keep us informed, I am back from Oz on Friday (I hear snow is forecast for Durham on Saturday :? ) so can look at updating the system (which has worked 100% while away, even recovered an 8 hour power cut before Christmas) so 39c to 0c in 21 hours for me :cry:

CliveS