Global Cache Flex Wifi not sending IR

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:40 pm
mpleeds offline

Global Cache Flex Wifi not sending IR

I recently acquired a GC Flex WiFi with 2 IR and GC 2EiB cable (2 IR and 1 blaster) and have configured the Cynical Cache plugin as specified. The Network Device and IR Emitter devices both show ready. I set up action groups to send hex code (verified correct code by sending to Flex directly from iLearn) but will not operate the motorized drape from Indigo. Event log shows no errors. Any suggestions?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 12.33.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 12.33.05 PM.png (19.53 KiB) Viewed 2268 times

Posted on
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:45 pm
bdecker432 offline

Re: Global Cache Flex Wifi not sending IR

I am having a similar problem. Did you get it to work?

Posted on
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:07 pm
agame offline

The cynical cache plugin isn't compatible with the Global Cache Flex in its standard mode (at least not for I/O devices - I'm not using it for IR). There is a backward compatibility mode for the flex that allows it to respond to the itach command set - configured in the flex setup.

[confusingly, the Cynical Cache documentation pre-dates the flex and doesn't call this out].

Assume this isn't your issue?

Posted on
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 am
bdecker432 offline

I am using a iTach IP2IR. It works with Global Cashe's standalone utilities such as iLearn. But the Cynical Cashe plug in will not learn or issue IR commands.

Should the iTach work with Cynical Cashe?

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:41 am
Korey offline

I recall years ago when the flex first came out, Perry said he could not guarantee support unless someone was generous enough to donate one to him to test. Might still be an option if someone wants the flex supported bad enough. :D

--
Korey

Posted on
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:51 pm
agame offline

Elsewhere on the forum there's discussion of how to integrate the Global Cache Flex using a direct communication approach (using a combination of the UDP Listener plugin for monitoring; and the Cynical Networks plugin for config and sending commands). This is how I've successfully integrated my device (as stated previously mine is the relay (I/o) cable but I don't see why it wouldn't work with IR if you can be bothered finding all the raw command strings you need).

[not to say a plugin with direct support for the flex wouldn't be nice!]

Page 1 of 1