What am I missing?

Posted on
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:02 am
AlaskaDave offline

What am I missing?

So, initially I'd ordered a 3rd generation Echo Dot and have since added a second, 2nd generation Dot to my network after having read that in order for this plug-in to work a 2nd gen must be on your network. I have created an Emulated Hue Bridge called Echo Test. The device settings currently has 2 published devices for Indigo Devices (Insteon): Back Floods, Back LED Lights and one action "Start Movie".

With the state for the Emulated Hug Bridge Indicating Discovery On I spoke into my Hue "Discover New Devices" on both the 2nd and 3rd generation Dots. It replies with no new devices discovers or something like that. When I ask, "Echo, turn on Back Floods" it responds with, "Do you want me to turn on the Keezer Light?" Keezer light is defined using a skill, but does not seem to be picking up the items I've provided via. the plug-in. Any clues what I might be leaving out?

Thank you.

Posted on
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:21 am
AlaskaDave offline

Re: What am I missing?

Looks like I figured it out. I had "Non-echo filter" selected w/out having Override Host IP Address checked. It also seems I have to request the search for new devices using the Gen. 2 Echo Dot and not the newer Gen. 3 Dot.

Page 1 of 1