Netatmo heating control

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:30 pm
durosity offline

Netatmo heating control

Great looking plugin.. however it doesn't look like it supports the heating controls.. is that something that can be done/planned for the future? I invested in the Tado system last year but its been a bit of a let down.. its HomeKit support is flakey and no indigo integration (don't worry C4W not having a go!!) so I'm considering flogging it all and getting Netatmo's system instead.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 pm
racarter offline

Re: Netatmo heating control

The only reason it doesn't support the heating controls is that I don't have any to develop with! I'm a Heatmiser man myself (see another of my plugins) but I'd be happy to add Netatmo heating controls support if someone would like to lend me some kit for a while. :lol:

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:40 pm
siclark offline

Netatmo heating control

Durosity you need Heatmiser. Has native Homekit with their latest hub but also great indigo connectivity.
Also supports all types of heating, hot water, rads as well as wet and electric ufh and electric timers for towel rails.
Plus it's the cheapest smart system I saw when I was looking at options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:51 pm
durosity offline

Hmm I was looking at the Heatmiser system but I couldn’t see any TRVs for individual radiator control.. only something that seemed to be for central control.. or am I missing something?

I’ve asked Netamo a couple of technical questions about my system.. if it looks like it may be viable I’d be happy to loan the equipment for a while

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm
siclark offline

True, they don't do wireless TRVs, although do so mains ones. I'm using 7 Spirit zwave TRVs with autolog's plugin which controls the rads via 2 Heatmiser thermostats. My other 12 Heatmiser stats do the floors and towel rails.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:01 pm
racarter offline

Yes Simon - your setup was great for stress-testing my Heatmiser plugin! :lol:

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm
durosity offline

Yeah that’s the problem.. unfortunately where most of the radiators aren’t located next to easily accessible power sources. If they did I’d be on them like a shot!

Also I’m excited by the fact Netatmo have announced a HomeKit compatible doorbell!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm
siclark offline

I'm now stress testing autolog, I mean pushing his plugin to the limit :)
Together you guys have given me amazing control of my heating.
Spirits are currently £40 on Amazon.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:31 pm
siclark offline

Although user of zwave TRVs and indigo for schedules goes against all my initial set up requirements, that all critical systems work without my Mac running. Although guess I can swap out the TRVs and go back to Heatmiser schedules if the Mac goes down in under 10 minutes

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:56 pm
durosity offline

yeah I used to have loads of Stella-Zs and autologs wonderful plugin for them but the problem was if the server failed or something just didn't work as planned the house would be cold and it takes a long time to warm up, so I wanted to have a system that was fully independent of Indigo but also still controllable via it for all my triggers and schedules and what not. I'd rather not go back to that kinda setup :/

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm
siclark offline

That we my original thinking too, but somehow I got seduced by the extra control! I have no idea why Heatmiser haven't brought out a wireless TRV yet.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:20 pm
durosity offline

It seems like a logical next step for them.. I don’t get why they haven’t! It’s not like it’s an uncommon situation!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 am
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
I'm now stress testing autolog, I mean pushing his plugin to the limit :)

I think you were right in the first part of the sentence. :D

Posted on
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:51 am
durosity offline

racarter wrote:
The only reason it doesn't support the heating controls is that I don't have any to develop with! I'm a Heatmiser man myself (see another of my plugins) but I'd be happy to add Netatmo heating controls support if someone would like to lend me some kit for a while. :lol:

I’ve ordered a controller and a couple of TRVs to have a play with on my system first and then assuming it works correctly I’m more than happy to send them to you for a while!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:06 am
racarter offline

durosity wrote:
racarter wrote:

I’ve ordered a controller and a couple of TRVs to have a play with on my system first and then assuming it works correctly I’m more than happy to send them to you for a while!

Fine. I’ll get my coding trousers on :D