Ethernet Relay Board -- Works Great!

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 am
siclark offline

Re: Ethernet Relay Board -- Works Great!

Ok. That frequency is not any better than my current setup. I was looking for cheaper option than getting multiple fibaro universal sensors.
Never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:13 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Yeah DomoPat kind nailed it. This plugin polls the relay board for the input states. If you need to catch a quick state change this will not work. I have been unable to find any way to get the board to "send out" data, so the inputs are not super useful to me. Others have found uses for them, but motion sensor type data is not a good fit for this device.

The same auction I got this board on months and months ago is still up on eBay. Perhaps reaching out to them and asking for a software/firmware update is an option. This device runs an internal web server, there's no reason it couldn't be programmed to hit an API when an input changes; someone just needs to plead with the manufacturer to make it happen. Just a thought.

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:33 pm
jens offline

You nead to change in the web app that you dount whant the board to activate the relay in input for example number one, works perfect for me...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:58 am
TwitchCaptain offline

Version 1.0.0 was released today. It adds support for native sprinkler devices, improved logging, and it makes the cancel button on the device editor actually cancel and revert changes.

New forum topic for this plugin is here: viewforum.php?f=302 - Please continue discussion about this plugin in the new forum. Jay, maybe we can move this topic to that forum? Not sure how that works or if it even makes sense.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I didn't want to move the entire thread over, but I added a moderator note on the original post that points to both the plugin and its sub-forum to save folks time from having to read through all the posts.

Thanks again for the great contribution!!

Posted on
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:55 pm
jens offline

Hi,

If I want to control the relay in the browser what cod should you write? could some one help me with that?
Tried this but didn't work :(

Code: Select all
http://admin:12345678@192.168.1.167/relay_en.cgi?saida=1&relayCommand=on

and this

Code: Select all
http://admin:12345678@192.168.1.167/relay_en.cgi?saida1relayCommand=on

Best Regards Jens

Posted on
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:33 pm
Different Computers offline

hey all,

I feel extra stupid because I KNOW I've done this before, but maybe there are some powers that have been removed from newer Mac OS's.

My home network is on a 192.168.0.1/24 range.

How can I connect to this relay board, which is on a 192.168.1.167 address? I've gone as far as messing about with configuring the LAN 2 port on my Unifi Security Gateway to serve that range, and it's still not working for me. Direct connection to my Mac via ethernet with internet sharing turned on is also not working, even when I set the IP range to be inside the right subnet.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:18 am
howartp offline

Not sure if you’re trying to use it on the separate IP range, or just get access to it to change its IP, but the latter is the better way forward.

First option would be, does it have a factory reset button, as that would likely turn on DHCP so it picks an IP in your preferred range, then you can access it and change it to static.

Second should be what you said last; in a Windows world I’d unplug my PC/Laptop from the switch, set a static IP on it in the desired range with no gateway and no proxy set, then access it directly. Revert settings when done. Mac should be same process though I have been confused by DNS settings when playing with statics on OSX before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 am

It's static IP only, and I think I've tried the set IP range thing, but I'll give it another try tonight.

Edit: Turns out somewhere the ERB's default static IP is listed as 192.168.1.167, and I had been trying that.

The correct default IP for this device is 192.168.1.166

Bonus, looks like I set up my USG WAN 2 segregated network correctly!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:00 pm

raneil wrote:
DHCP is not supported, so you must assign a static IP address suitable for your network. Factory defaults are:

IP address: 192.168.1.167
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
HTTP Port: 80
TCP Port: 1234
User name: "admin"
Password: "12345678"

This is from the first post in this thread, and every bit of this info is correct except the IP address, which for my ERB at least, was .166